Procurement Agent Services, USAID Next Generation GHSC Suite of Programs - Global
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
The Finance Specialist will support all finance, administrative, and operational activities of the project and a team of support personnel. This includes utilizing finance and accounting systems that comply with USAID requirements and Palladium practices. In coordination with the Finance Director, s/he will support developing annual budgets that are aligned with the project work plan. S/he will also ensure compliance with contractual and USAID/USG requirements for reporting, finance, and administration. S/he will also ensure payroll processes and adherence to USAID/USG guidelines and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support financial management and financial operations, including setting up and overseeing financial procedures in line with USAID requirements, and setting up and maintaining financial accounts.
- Facilitate time and expense reporting, finance, accounting and human resources policies, procedures and standards in alignment with USAID policies and procedures.
- Prepare quarterly accrual reports, expenditure reporting, and burn rate projections.
- Work with the Finance Director to prepare required quarterly, annual, ad hoc financial reports for USAID.
- Act as the lead reviewer for all invoice activity, including reviewing final invoices before they are submitted to
USAID and reviewing and approving any subcontractor invoices and expenditures.
- Coordinate with project staff to ensure all financial activities meet project needs, e.g. accurate and timely production of invoices for USAID, financial trackers, and responding to USAID inquires.
- Maintain effective timeliness and quality control procedures for financial and operational deliverables and financial management processes.
- Ensure contract terms are being met and help the team closely follow the projected annual budget and work plan.
- Extensive experience supporting/managing finance, administration, and operations activities for complex and large-scale donor funded programs
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of USG and USAID financial procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Ability to communicate effectively and high comfort level writing and presenting data and information in a compelling way to difference audiences.
- Excellent written and spoken English and ability to communicate across technical disciplines and non-technical audience required. Ability to speak and write French a plus.