Position Description - Welder/Fabricator
Company: Buckeye Fabricating Company
Primary Job Duties:
- Reading drawings and job specifications from company shop orders to manufacture custom-designed steel pressure vessels and process tanks
- Set up and perform moderate to complex MIG/TIG welding operations
- Certified pressure vessel welding of joint seams (must be capable of x-ray certification)
- Welding pipe and fittings into tanks
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Minimum 1 year of MIG/TIG welding experience OR graduate of a vocational program with a certificate in welding
- Understanding of weld symbols
- Quality mindset
- Ability to use measuring tape and other measurement tools
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to read drawings easily
- Enjoy "job shop" environment doing custom work every day
- Must be able to fit through a 12"x16" Manway
- Must be able to work on ladders for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work inside tanks without concerns
1st shift is 5 days a week (Monday thru Friday) starting 6:30am and ending at 2:30pm (except when
shop is on overtime)
2nd shift is 4 days a week, 10 hour days (Monday thru Thursday) starting at 2:15pm and ending at
12:15am (except when shop is on overtime). Employees working on
2nd shift get an
$2.00 per hour premium added to their base pay.
We provide excellent benefits including 401(k) matching, Life and Medical Insurance, Company paid
short/long term disability and paid holidays.
All starting pay is subject to experience. All personnel must pass a mechanical aptitude test.
Buckeye Fabricating Company does not offer relocation services.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $22.00 per hour
Unvaccinated employees must wear a mask and socially distance (masks provided at no cost to
employees). We follow OSHA/CDC guidance on COVID Protocols.
Buckeye Fabricating is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.