Physical Scientist/Evidence Analyst 2
Science & Engineering
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Full-Time Regular (FTR-A)
LOCATION: Quantico, VA
PURPOSE: Qualified candidates will be part of a team of individuals with a keen attention to detail and will use it to properly inventory items, check-in evidence, perform data entry into multiple database systems, follow proper classification guidelines, mailing/shipping evidence, proper serialization and storage of all case records and maintain case records, and the chains-of-custody for all evidence and forensic materials.
Receive, open and inventory contents of evidence submissions.
- Create appropriate laboratory examination plans; enter accurate data (laboratory number, case ID number, item numbers, and descriptions) into various database tracking systems.
- Create and utilize either electronic or paper chain-of-custody forms for all evidence transfers.
- Utilize database tracking and record systems for researching incidents and determine appropriate classification designations.
- Enter data into EXPeRT, Forensic Advantage (FA), and / or other database systems; create examination plans; generate barcode labels, packaging, and shipping of evidence.
- Photograph contents of submission so that accurate records are maintained for case files.
- Upload photographs to local hard drives and backup hard drives and to appropriate databases.
- Stage evidence submissions and documentation for processing by the forensic and technical exploitation teams.
- Prepare evidence submissions for return to contributor or central repository
- Prepare packaging and shipping to other designated locations.
- Review documents and photographs to ensure that appropriate classification and dissemination marking are present. If not, then add the appropriate markings to the records, as appropriate.
- Prepare all administrative case records for final closure by ensuring they are compiled, marked and serialized.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as required.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required
* This is a contingent opportunity
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.