Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve millions! of people around the globe every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care.
Our team of data engineers aggregate and transform substantial amounts of health data and information to support actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere. The applicant should have a strong interest in the interface between real-time and reporting systems, pulling data from multiple sources into central data storage, and collaborating with internal teams to help provide for their data needs.
You flourish in a fast paced and highly collaborative team environment. You are a quick
learner and have the expert ability to prioritize tasks efficiently, while delivering high quality work. You understand that solutions provided by a Data Engineer, support in empowering an organization's business in decision making. You will be part of a great working atmosphere, performing complex work in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward-thinking managers. You will have the opportunity to make an impact.
- Data is significant at Teladoc and our data engineers design and develop data pipelines to integrate data across disparate systems and create tools and data sets to support data science
- Work with Python, Spark SQL, Scala, TensorFlow, Keras, SKL (or Scala/DL4J) to build production-grade machine learning (ML) pipelines and tools
- Perform continuous integration to ensure that every step of a data pipeline is testable and automated
- Collaborate closely with Teladoc Health's ML experts, Data Scientists, Product Managers, and clinical researchers to define, analyze, and provide data that contributes to our mission of total health for our members
- Document code, provide progress reports, and perform code review and peer feedback
- Track milestones, activities and inter-dependencies across projects and tasks, with frequent status updates to stakeholders
- Continuously evaluate and identify improvements in the system processes and architecture
- Assist in maintaining data quality and fidelity in production systems
- Participate in Agile planning around data feature requests and advocate for the best data engineering projects in priority planning.
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 4+ years' experience in software development/engineering
- 3+ years' experience in a data engineering role
- Strong experience with big data technologies, and skills in data processing using Spark
- Expertise in creating and maintaining production data pipelines using Airflow
- Strong SQL development experience (Postgres/MySQL/SQL Server/Oracle)
- Expertise in Python(preferred), Scala, or Java
- 1+ years of experience working in Azure cloud
- Experience in performance tuning and query optimization
- Experience in Cloud data engineering in Azure stack. Azure certification is a plus.
- Tool based data pipeline development experience is desirable (Talend/Informatica/ IBM Datastage).
- Streaming data flow experience is desirable (Kafka).
- Experience in deploying production pipelines in CI/CD environment
- Excellent communication skills, supporting recommendations, design ideas, and analysis to team and stake holders
- Experience in leading and guiding other data engineers
The base salary range for this position is $100,000 - $138,000. In addition to a base salary, this position is eligible for performance bonus, RSU's, and benefits (subject to eligibility requirements) listed here: Total compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to, type of position, location, education level, work experience, and certifications. This information is applicable for all full-time positions.
People and culture are Teladoc Health's greatest and most valued assets! We've built a culture we are proud of that reflects our values of diversity and inclusion where everyone's voice is equally important.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person's health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We've already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy.