Position Description for Continuous Improvement Manager
Company: LT Corporation
Reports to: Director, Continuous Improvement
LT Corporation (LT Corp), based in Cleveland, Mississippi, is the parent company of Quality Steel Corporation, LP Cylinder Service, Inc., and Buckeye Fabricating Company with five locations in the U.S. Quality Steel and LP Cylinder manufacture propane tanks and cylinders and Buckeye Fabricating Company produces custom fabricated pressure vessels. The company was founded in 1957 by Lowry Tims and is committed to sustained value creation for all its stakeholders, starting with employees, under family ownership and leadership. The Company's commitment to excellence - caring for employees, serving customers, and having a positive impact on local communities - is core to its mission. To further its mission and value creation, LT Corp is focused on growing both organically and through acquisition as the LT Corporation family of companies.
At LT Corp, our purpose is to continue to improve the lives we touch, to help others grow, thrive, and succeed - is further lived out in our core beliefs and values and defining How we Lead. We provide a positive and supportive environment with other extraordinary total rewards including an employee stock ownership plan and a high-match 401(k) to help our employees plan for their secure futures consistent with our long-term value creation approach.
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager, QSC, CLE leads the execution of the Continuous Improvement strategy and projects for the Cleveland operations and supports QSC programs across all manufacturing operations. The CI Manager oversees the site CI team and programs, ensuring delivery on key metrics that improve Safety Always, Quality, Delivery and Productivity. The CI Manager will oversee the Leading 2 Lean system training, implementation and maintenance for standard tracking and reporting across manufacturing. The CI Manager works closely with operations and across all levels of the organization and is a key part of the Continuous Improvement Team.
- Lead the execution of the Continuous Improvement strategy and projects across QSC operations to deliver overall business improvements for QSC. Serve as organizational CI expert in key focus areas based upon CI skills and experience.
- Oversees organized Site CI team activities and improvement projects, ensuring completion according to the designated timeline. Ensure programs and projects support achievement of KPIs including Safety Always, Quality, Delivery and Productivity.
- Provides coaching, structure and guidance on execution of organizational X matrix initiatives and A3 goals. Provides guidance and structure to sites in utilization of CI standards and methodologies to enable site ownership.
- Oversee technical training for site operations, ensuring the technical training coordinator develops technical training packets in collaboration with the site operations.
- Oversee the site Leading 2 Lean system, ensuring accuracy and currency of data, standard implementation and training on the system.
- Lead by example, demonstrating LT Corp's "How we Lead" (servant leader, devoted, resilient, growth mindset, team player, trustworthy, fun-loving) leadership traits and reinforcing LT Corp's purpose, core beliefs, and values to all team members.
- Lead and direct the continuous improvement team, managing performance by setting goals and coaching and developing team members in "How we Lead" to achieve results and reinforce the positive culture.
- Lead change and transformation across the organization, enabling others to adapt and transition to new methods and processes.
- Collaborate across the organization especially with safety, quality and operations to implement improvements.
- Report on all assigned Site CI activities and their progress.
- Certified in or expect to obtain Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) Gold Level Lean, ASQ Black Belt, and SCRUM master level.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience implementing a continuous improvement and lean culture in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated tactical deployment of KPIs
- Demonstrated experience leading CI programs and projects
- Experience with Level 3 Value Stream Mapping preferred
- Experience with FlexSim (Modeling software) and MiniTab (Six-Sigma software) preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-directed; able to lead others
- Ability to lead strategic Kaizen Events across sites with various levels of leadership
- Ability to lead advanced problem solving sessions across site(s) with various levels of leadership
- Advanced MS Office experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts through various methods to various audiences.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Education and Certification Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience of 5+ years with demonstrated results will also be considered.
- Up to 20% travel may be required to other Quality Steel sites.
Quality Steel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.