The primary purpose of this position is to provide advanced Data consulting solutions to clients. This position may perform activities such as design, systems integration, and testing. This position will also handle client engagements requiring knowledge of multiple technologies and provide technical presales support.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of billable consulting activities in support of clients' objectives, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Software Development
- Application Administration and Configuration
- Application Integration
- Marketing technology consulting
- User Experience Design
- Data Engineering
- Database Administration
- Software Testing
- DevOps engineering
- Leads code or other technical reviews and presents constructive feedback to technical team
- Participates in requirements gathering activities, examining the entire business application from the aspects of the workflow and the end user
- Builds focused relationships with clients to identify business challenges
- Makes recommendations to solve client problems
- Directly interacts with clients, sales team, managers, and other technical team members to identify, develop, and obtain complete information for solutions, and scope statement and level of effort for proposal/SOW development
- Documents completed technical work for clients
- Maintains technical specifications throughout a project
- Contributes and develop best practices, strategies, methodologies, and documentation/templates suitable for reuse by other Consultants and Analysts
- Achieve high level of Client Satisfaction on all consulting engagements by executing to achieve client project expectations
- Develop strong client relationships and trust to secure future business
- Reviews and understands all assigned Statement of Work (SOW) obligations prior to services delivery
- Maintains accountability to work estimates and project financials
- Assists with Data practice presales activities
- Provides technical perspective to ensure a realistic estimation of scope, cost, and level of effort for proposal generation
- Serves as a point of contact to the client for technical issues and status
- Mentors less senior personnel and serves as escalation point for their technical related project issues
- As needed, steps into team leadership roles and empowers others to increase contribution and level of responsibility
- Complies with time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Meets billable utilization targets
- Training/Certifications - Engages in professional development, including obtaining industry related certifications as directed by management, to maintain continued growth in professional skills and knowledge
- Administrative Overhead - Respond to email, phone calls, complete timecards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- At least five (5) years of related work experience with one or more Data solutions in the Sirius portfolio
- 5+ years of experience advanced Analysis and Reporting with Power BI development, including the majority of the following:
- Data visualization design
- Power BI data visualization development
- Hands on Power BI (Backend - XLS, database and other sources)
- Experience managing Power BI environments
- Reporting Services, Azure Analysis Services, ETL, Data warehousing management, Data Mining, Report Designer
- Report Distribution / Access Control
- Experience in systems deployment, network operations, or IT consulting
- Strong knowledge of SQL, DAX, M Query
- Strong knowledge of data modeling concepts and ETL processes
- Extensive background in SQL & Microsoft SQL server
- SSIS & SSRS, Python experience
- Working experience with Microsoft Cloud based solutions in large enterprise environments
- Evaluating, repairing, and improving current BI systems.
- Develop, maintain, and document BI development standards
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills that result in clear technical execution
- Capable of Finding and extrapolating correlations in data to discover meaningful insights.
- Ability to Identify key performance indicators (KPI) to help companies adjust and fulfill objectives.
- Proven ability to prioritize, self-direct and execute at velocity
- Energetic, detail-oriented, and passionate about their work and solution-driven
- Passion to deliver quality work both individually and as part of a team
- Desire to learn new skills and grow competencies
- Curious in nature with a research mindset, and enjoy working on open-ended problems
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of client and Sirius team members, including management and technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to investigate complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in- depth evaluation of variable factors from multiple solutions and/or disciplines
- Demonstrated understanding of core business functions of a typical company, and ability to employ step by step logic to solve business problems
- Experience as a member of a technical project team, from design through delivery
- Experience troubleshooting and identifying potential problems and making appropriate changes as necessary
- Experience creating technical documentation and communicating effectively in various written formats
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members, including delegating technical tasks, and at times resolving issues of poor technical execution without escalation
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills, including effectively communicating one-on-one, and in small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences' engagement
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and conduct complex and important work critical to the organization in a team consulting environment
- Demonstrated database knowledge in DB2, Oracle or other enterprise-class RDBMS
- Understanding of MPP database solutions (Netezza, Snowflake, Redshift) and their role in a modern architecture.
- Consulting experience, especially in an agency or global systems integrator environment
- Certifications in relevant areas of specialty Analytic visualizations, Microsoft Power BI, and other Cloud Technologies.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and ability to prioritize work with minimal guidance
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
This position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Demonstrates competencies defined for the Analyst through Consultant levels, plus the following:
Customer Focus - Gains insight into customer needs. Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer. Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations. Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
Financial Acumen - Understands the meaning and implications of key financial indicators. Uses financial analysis to generate, evaluate and act on strategic options and opportunities. Integrates quantitative and qualitative information to draw accurate conclusions.
Cultivates Innovation - Produces useful ideas that are new, better, or unique. Introduces new ways of looking at problems. Can take a creative idea and put into practice. Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.
Plans and Aligns - Sets objectives to align with broader organizational goals. Breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions. Stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules. Anticipates and adjusts effective contingency plans.
Optimizes Work Processes - Identifies and creates the processes necessary to get work done. Separates and combines activities into efficient workflow. Designs processes and procedures that allow managing from a distance. Seek ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.