When applying for this position, kindly make certain to attach/upload a resume.
Provision of public health nursing services to meet the objectives of the Division of Clinical Services. Deliver direct patient care in both the public health centers, out in the community, as well as within client homes to accomplish the goals of the Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program, Immunization Program, Tuberculosis Control Program and STD/HIV Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers direct patient care in the Office's three public health centers during Immunization and Communicable Disease Clinics;
- Conducts client home visits and performs case management for families affected by conditions such as lead poisoning and tuberculosis;
- Conducts community outreach to high-risk populations, as needed;
- Assists in disease outbreak investigations and other public health emergencies
- Assists in the development of the policies and procedures for public health programs and services;
- Performs phlebotomy, as needed;
- Other related work, as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below. These requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing with a minimum of two years' experience preferred
- Community health field experience preferred;
- PA certification as a registered nurse;
- Knowledgeable in the principles of public health nursing;
- Excellent inter-personal, written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Knowledge of basic computer programs;
- Ability to work independently and travel throughout the County;
- Ability to collaborate with other organizations throughout the County;
- Ability to attend trainings and meetings in and out of State;
- Bilingual ability preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands or arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.