The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager, specializing in digital and AI capabilities, who is passionate about solving B2B problems, and creating subscription-based products that drive unique and simple client solutions. This individual will lead product management for one or more product ideas as sponsored by an emerging product launch team in Lighthouse. Along with a product owner and technical team, as well as sector and functional contributors, this role will help shape the vision for specific products in AI/ML at KPMG, developed and launched as part of a new business model for the firm. You will continuously demonstrate and apply your strategic and analytical abilities, being laser-focused on delivering products in quick iterations. Your vision and ability to develop and deliver will work closely with every function in chosen industry sectors to drive our most critical product initiatives in AI/ML.
We are The Lighthouse within KPMG's Consulting practice. We tap into the power of emerging technologies and scientific breakthroughs to create solutions and products that address the largest and most complex issues faced by global companies. By blending technology with our industry expertise, we're able to harness the potential of Cloud, AI, ML, IoT, 5G, and quantum computing to design and implement real-world solutions for a variety of business problems. Work with confidence knowing your ideas are heard and backed by one of the world's top professional services firms. Spark your curiosity and ignite your career at The Lighthouse.
- Co-define product vision, strategies, and roadmaps based on a shared view of product priorities with the product owner and team (who work with cross-industry, cross-functional, and early adopter customer teams). The vision and direction for products must be informed by deep customer insights that are cultivated by the customer development team (through market research, competitive analysis, and evaluation of business metrics)
- Define detailed product requirements, scope, release, and measure features to ensure the customer and business goals are met, from concept to prototype to minimum viable product. Ensure that product features and functionality leverage the team's understanding of complex business workflows of internal and external clients. Bring product management discipline to the development and execution process
- Build trust and effective relationships with peers/cross-functional teams in the Lighthouse product group (by mapping challenges and opportunities), and influence product sponsors' ability to communicate AI/ML vision, strategy, goals, status, and customer impact. Influence cross-functional decisions among stakeholder within the Lighthouse product group without direct authority
- Work closely with product owner, technical product owner, and other stakeholders to prioritize technical feature requests and build a unified roadmap for the best machine learning infrastructure that can be leveraged across products, in consultation with KPMG Ignite (AI accelerator portfolio and platform within Lighthouse)
- Work closely with UI/UX designers, data scientists, data engineers, full stack engineers, infrastructure engineers and strategists in ensuring product backlogs and story creation are aligned with the product strategy
- Manage applications and products throughout their lifecycle, ensuring business relevance, adoption, and continuous improvement
- BS degree in a technical field such as Computer Science; advanced degrees including MA/MS, PhD or MBA a plus; 6+ years relevant experience in product management, product development or architecture design with a focus on technology platform, data and machine learning services and APIs
- Experience must include large-scale application platform and infrastructure management; experience with public cloud providers such as Google, AWS, and/or Azure is preferred; proven ability to make smart features (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, with experience working with products rooted in machine learning; working knowledge of deep learning, machine learning, and statistics, and/or working knowledge of SaaS AI platforms and prior experience in migrating on-prem AI/ML platform to public cloud will be a plus
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies to understand customers; ability to explore and structure customers' insights to inform prioritization; experience working with customers, technical teams, and management to collect requirements and describe software product features and technical designs
- Strong ability to translate product needs to technology and understand technology; detail-oriented, unfazed by technical detail, committed to flawless execution; mastery of technical concepts and system-design; ability to participate in technical discussions and help make technical trade-offs; excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly software applications and customer-facing features
- Strong product and technical leadership, project management skills, and analytical problem-solving capabilities; excellent verbal and written communication skills; team player, with the ability to effectively interact with and build relations at all levels; strong communication and collaboration skills, to build consensus, drive technical decisions with customer stakeholder groups of all sizes, and work across functions and influence senior leaders
- Willingness and ability to travel when necessary
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
At KPMG, any partner or employee must be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, client site or KPMG event. In some circumstances, individuals who are not fully vaccinated may also be required to have a reasonable accommodation to not be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.