Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Customer Service Technician/Mechanic (DK)
| Hamilton Associates|
United States, Maryland, Owings Mills
11403 Cronridge Drive (Show on map)
|August 07, 2023|
Hamilton Associates, Inc. is a growth-oriented, Lean-driven, ISO-Certified and diversified manufacturing company located in Owings Mills, MD. For additional information about our Company and each of our divisions and our product lines, please visit our websites at www.hamiltonassoc.com, www.elscoguides.com, www.atitest.com, and www.dirtkiller.com.
Dirt Killer Pressure Washers, a division of Hamilton Associates, is the US importer for Kranzle, a high-quality pressure washer manufacturer located in Germany. In addition, we use other components of the Kranzle line to manufacture our own brand of pressure washers under the Dirt Killer line. Kranzle and Dirt Killer pressure washers have a reputation for being the best in the business!
Not only do we sell our pressure washers through a national dealer network that includes pressure washer specialist stores, industrial and agricultural suppliers, and ecommerce sites, but we also operate a local retail store, Atlantic Pressure Washers Superstore. At this retail store, located in Baltimore, MD, we sell these commercial-grade pressure washers, as well as accessories, parts and cleaning chemicals to professional cleaners, businesses and government organizations. In our store, we also repair all makes and models of pressure washers. Our expert staff specializes in helping local cleaning professionals solve their toughest cleaning problems by providing the right equipment, chemicals and how-to-clean knowledge.
As our Customer Service Technician, this individual has overall responsibility for completing repairs and customer training on pressure washers. Responds to customer service enquiries and assists with loading and unloading machines. Assist with day-to-day warehouse operations on larger shipments. Also provides a variety of support, as needed, in all areas of the retail operation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Identify the reasons for malfunction of pressure washers and complete the necessary repair work to fix the problem.
* Provides in-shop training to customers on the use and operation of pressure washers, other products, and cleaning solutions.
* Assist customers with phone inquiries regarding the use and operation of their pressure washers.
* Assist Dirt Killer with testing and shipment of assembled pressure washers.
* Utilizes company vehicle to make pick-ups and deliveries of mail, materials/supplies, pressure washers, etc.
* Assists in the retail shop with customer service and sales of pressure washers and parts.
* Maintains a clean and clutter-free work and general shop areas.
* Coordinates with the Retail Sales Supervisor and/or Retail Salesperson on services performed for retail customers.
* Coordinates with the Wholesale General Manager on service performed for wholesale customers.
* Explains services performed on tickets for customers and other team members.
* Aid in loading and unloading trucks/ shipments.
* Aid in boxing and unboxing inbound and outbound freight as needed.
* Technicians must wear provided, proper PE for assigned tasks, as well as take reasonable care and precautions. Technicians must utilize the provided ventilation system and follow all safety protocols.
* Works with the team to meet the daily goals of the organization.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Background and Skills Required:
* H.S. diploma or equivalent
* 2+ years' experience in mechanical repair and strong mechanical aptitude
* Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. with assistance
* Strong mechanical aptitude
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Computer literate (Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet, etc.)
* Above average mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
* Basic understanding of electricity
* Highly competent with the use of hand and power tools
* Clean driving record and ability to drive a truck
Additional Background and Skills Required:
* Ability to read electric schematics and perform repairs of electrical components
* Experience in small engine repair
* Experience in plumbing or pump repair
* Experience driving or operating a forklift
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
* Visual Acuity
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This position is an hourly paid position.
If you are a driven, results-oriented individual seeking an opportunity to play a key role in the continuing growth of a reputable organization, please forward your resume, in WORD or PDF format, along with your salary history/requirements, to us for immediate consideration.
DIRT KILLER PRESSURE WASHERS
A Division of Hamilton Associates, Inc.
823 Hammonds Ferry Road, Suite B-C
Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability