By living according to a common set of values, we create a culture that unifies, embraces the uniqueness we all bring to the company, and positions Integer for long-term success.
At Integer, our values are embedded in everything we do.
We focus on our customers' success
We create better solutions
We create success together
We always interact with others respectfully
We are open and honest with one another
We do the right things and do things right
Who are we?
Integer is a global organization providing innovative, high-quality technologies and manufacturing to Medical Device OEM's (original equipment manufacturers) to enhance the lives of patients worldwide and a provider of high-end niche batteries for specialized applications in the energy, military, and environmental markets. We are guided by our six Values, including focus on Customers, Innovation, Collaboration, Inclusion, Candor, and Integrity. Working at Integer means you are part of a team passionately pursuing excellence in all that we do and always reaching for the next great achievement.
What you'll do in this role:
The primary purpose of this role is to be a site change agent responsible for driving improvement through all functions of the Plant Leadership Team. Responsibilities include leading the team through strategic planning, managing the site continuous improvement plan, providing coaching through hands-on execution, promoting a lean culture by engaging the workforce, and ensuring alignment on the corporate Manufacturing Excellence strategic initiatives.
- Adhere to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
Lead Strategic Planning
- Lead the Plant Leadership Team through the annual Hoshin Planning process to identify site breakthrough opportunities and create the site transformation plan to achieve world class operational performance
- Facilitate Lean Diagnosis Workshops to create strategic improvement plans for each value stream
- Act as the catalyst of strategic thinking by challenging site paradigms
Manage and Execute the Site Continuous Improvement Plan
- Manage and execute site continuous improvement plan
- Track financial impact of initiatives, conduct accountability meetings, and take lead on the corporate CI tracker report outs.
- Ensure sustainment and effectiveness of the Production Monitoring and Improvement Process at the site, value stream, cell and workstation levels
- Maintain a pulse on the site's Lean maturity level to help its evolutionary journey
Provide Coaching through Hands-on Execution
- Facilitate cross-functional teams and help lead the implementation of various Integer Production System workshops throughout the facility to drive continuous improvement (workplace organization, value stream mapping, manufacturing standardized work, manufacturing cell design, quick changeover, scheduling & material systems, total productive maintenance, leader standard work, problem solving, etc.).
- Lead and coach teams to improve results for safety, quality, delivery, cost, and inventory.
- Coach the area leaders how to maximize the benefits of the Production Monitoring & Improvement Process (PMIP) by asking the right questions, recognizing the opportunities and driving improvement actions.
Enhance Lean Culture and Promote Engagement
- Promote Lean thinking through training, mentoring, and coaching at all levels of the organization (operators, supervisors, ops managers, and support functions).
- Involve associates in problem solving and in workshops; ensure their ideas are heard.
- Lead by example by being visible on the floor and encouraging other leaders to go to the gemba.
- Celebrate wins and recognize associates/teams for their contributions
Ensure Alignment on the Corporate Manufacturing Excellence Strategic Initiatives
- Work with the Lean Enterprise Team in developing and deploying the Integer Production System elements
- Engage other sites in identifying and sharing best practices.
- Help the Lean Enterprise Team in developing and utilizing standard Integer Lean training material.
How you will be measured:
- Live the Integer Values through leading by example.
- Assist the site in achieving its annual goals for safety, quality, delivery, cost, and inventory.
- Increase level of site engagement by mentoring and coaching others to be Lean change agents
- Achieve all Goals and Objectives assigned
- Enable and track the accumulation of incremental savings opportunities.
What sets you apart:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field is preferred
- 5 years industrial experience in driving continuous improvement
- Strong foundation and experience in implementing the core Lean concepts.
- Hoshin Planning
- Value Stream Mapping
- Workplace Organization and Visual Controls (5S)
- Manufacturing Standardized Work,
- Manufacturing Training & Certification
- Built-in Quality
- Scheduling & Material Operating System
- Manufacturing Cell Design
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Leader Standard Work
- Production Monitoring & Improvement Process
- Possess change agent mentality
- Ability to influence at all levels of the site
- Well-developed skills for planning, executing and delivering projects to expected results
- Ability to motivate, coach and teach
- Ability to facilitate workshop events
- Possess the spirit of teamwork and cooperation and the desire to lead
- Exhibit a passion for excellence
- Continuous Improvement Manager: $88,500- $129,800
U.S. Applicants: EOE/AA Disability/Veteran