Inari is the SEEDesign company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation - to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 270 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We've deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet's natural resources, we'd love to hear from you!
AS A SCIENTIST/SR. SCIENTIST, GENOME EDITING, YOU WILL...
- Lead and/or participate in scientific projects that push the boundaries of current genome modification technologies. You will be accountable or responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of project objectives.
- Apply your deep expertise in genome editing and DNA repair to develop and optimize existing and novel gene editing tools for use in crop species.
- Support external innovation by scouting and evaluating novel genome editing technologies.
- Explore "out-of-the-box" ideas to combine genome editing technologies with high throughput screen assays to support Inari's data driven predictive design approaches in crop species.
- Communicate results from the science projects you lead and/or contribute to different stakeholders including the Scientific Strategy Board, Science Leadership Team, and Inari Leadership Team.
- Contribute to Inari's Open, Bold, Innovative, Collaborative, Integrity and Diverse culture.
- Ph.D. with at least three years of industry or postdoc experience in Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or a similar field is required; or equivalent experience in an industry context with a Masters or Bachelor's degree
- Integrated knowledge and understanding of genome editing technologies, in particular CRISPR for genome engineering and its broad applications, such as multiplexing, precise editing, etc.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in RNA structure prediction, design and engineering in the context of genome editing
- Demonstrated track record of tackling complex problems, critical thinking, leading others to obtain novel insights and driving a culture of innovation
- Able to manage ambiguity, remain calm and operate effectively in fast growing and risk-taking environments
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
- Advanced knowledge with high-throughput CRISPR functional genomic screens; hands-on experience in the analysis of functional genomic screen data and integration of functional genomics with molecular profiling and other data types
- Strong experience of genome editing tool in agriculture space
FOR U.S. CANDIDATES:Please note that we use the resume you submit with your application during our background check process. To ensure an efficient and accurate background verification, we kindly ask that you carefully review and accurately represent your work history, education and other relevant information on your resume. Any discrepancies or inaccuracies found during the background check may impact your candidacy for the position.