If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
About The Position
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, configures and modifies software projects and/or products or enhancements using various programming languages, technologies and development methodologies.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements application, software and/or operating system components, software tools, and utilities; conducts performance testing.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to guarantee availability and increase efficiency.
- Generates systems software engineering policies, standards and procedures.
- Completes technical documentation for multiple functions, including but not limited to testing, QA, training, troubleshooting, operating, and/or procedures for installation and maintenance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversees and manages digital professionals and/or consultants as relevant, prioritizes work based on overall business and technology strategy
- Manages resources, including allocation of current resources into organizational priorities and developing resource plans and roadmaps for future needs and requirements
- Maintains a working knowledge of Ameren core business applications, processes and requirements to allow for the effective application of emerging technologies to resolve business problems and gain productivity
- Displays broad knowledge across the software engineering discipline
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge and holistic view of development systems to train, mentor and coach team members
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of root cause analysis and problem identification to train, mentor and coach team members
- Reviews critical tickets/incidents for lower levels to ensure accuracy; provides input into monitoring systems and leads resolution process for critical issues that impact multiple applications or groups
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of requirements development activities to train, mentor and coach team members
- Uses large group network across the organization to help co-workers facilitating meetings to mentor and coach co-workers
- Remains abreast of new developments and trends in the digital industry to maintain professional expertise, assist in technology planning and influence the technology standards used by the company
- Utilizes in-depth expertise and knowledge to train, mentor and coach co-workers on complex integration systems and technologies
- Prepares, manages and supports multiple concurrent integrated enterprise system software, hardware and content implementation plans
- Builds and leads a team to execute on functional area objectives
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science or business
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Previous people or project leadership experience
- Familiarity with energy market trading preferred
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- * Advanced knowledge of and proficiency with the following technologies (as relevant):
- - Programming Languages
- - Operating Systems
- - Database Management
- - Middleware
- - Configuration Management Technologies
- - Container Technologies
- - Agile Environments
- - Mobile Applications
Ameren's selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidate
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.