Xcelerate Solutions is currently seeking a Data /Software Engineer to support the data integration via applications or adaptors using XML data exchange specifications. The candidate will be part of a team, collaborating closely with the government staff and external criminal justice agencies, to enable data sharing and management, and establish connectivity with a national data repository. The ideal candidate will have practical experience in the areas of information sharing, Extensible Markup Language (XML), relational data bases, N-DEx IEPDs, Global Justice XML Data Model (GJXDM) and the (National Information Exchange Model) NEIM. Come join our award-winning organization and work with some of the most talented and brightest minds in the GovCon Industry.
- Provide engineering support to facilitate inter-agency information sharing
- Produce data integration applications or adaptors from various sources to the N-DEx XML data exchange specifications
- Mapping data to Information Exchange Package Documentation (IEPD) standards, developing transformation code, validating and verifying data processes, and troubleshooting and making recommendations both to internal and external stakeholders
- Process all new agency data and adapters and maintain existing agency data and adapters
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years' experience in software development, and management and support of information technology systems
- Two of more years' experience in XML, relational data bases, and web services is desired.
- Three (3) years' Java development experience
- Proficiency with Oracle databases and procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL/SQL), Microsoft SQL server databases, subversion in XML and XML Schema Definition (XSD)
- Proficiency in XML Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT) generation
- Experience in managing and troubleshooting secure file transfer protocols (SFTP) and web services for data submissions and user access
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in the analysis and assessment of large data sets; managing and coordinating major parallel IT initiatives; and extracting data for analysis and consumption via appropriate form such as diagrams, reports, or tables
- Experience with the Logical Entity Exchange Specification (LEXS) Publication and Discovery (PD) and LEXS Search and Retrieve (SR), N-DEx IEPDs, GJXDM and NEIM is highly desire
- Must be able to well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in McLean, VA, Xcelerate Solutions (www.xceleratesolutions.com) is one of America's fastest-growing companies. Xcelerate's culture is defined by our diversified workforce of dynamic and versatile professionals, supported with growth and development opportunities that contribute to individual and company growth. This strong commitment to our employees has been recognized by our inclusion on the Washington Business Journal's "50 Best Places to Work" list as well as being a "Great Place to Work" certified company with a 4.6 star, and a 99% CEO approval Glassdoor rating. Come find out why Xcelerate Solutions is one of the DC Metro top employers!
Xcelerate Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or expression of another protected characteristic. As part of this commitment to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, Xcelerate provides reasonable accommodations if needed because of an applicant's or an employee's disability.
Pay Transparency Notice: Xcelerate Solutions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.