is looking for a Solutions Architect, with a current Top Secret security clearance, to work at remote with travel.
The qualified candidate will be a subject matter expert with architect level experience that will include Cisco's Next-generation Firewall, Firepower, and Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE). A Sirius Federal Solutions Architect will possess a high level of professional consulting acumen and the readiness to collaborate within a team.
You will function as the lead technical resource of the post-sales network engineering delivery team. Your role will include delivering successful solutions to our federal customers, providing thought leadership for the internal technical teams, as well as driving technical direction within both pre and post sales engineering. The Solutions Architect plays a key role in helping to define the technical direction and advanced solutions our teams go to market with.
- Thought leadership for the post sales engineering team with an emphasis on advanced technical design solutions
- Post-sales design and delivery of advanced technology solutions
- Assisting our pre-sales engineering teams by providing technical influence, design consultation and recommended best practices
- Staying informed on the latest industry trends and solution capabilities
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of Cisco validated designs and industry best practices
- Working within our integration lab environment to stage customer equipment for in-flight projects
- Designing and building leading edge proof-of-concept/value (POC/POVs)
- Researching new technologies with the goal of helping the post-sales team to learn and deploy in the future
- Providing mentorship to the team as the lead technical resource
- The aptitude to support multiple ongoing projects while collaborating with your team to prioritize key tasks and milestones
- Maintain and create documentation templates including Design and AS-Built documentation
- Travel onsite to customer locations as needed
- A current Top Secret (SCI eligibility preferred) clearance is required
- CCIE (Security) Required
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II+ required
- Four-year BS in Computer Science or related field, preferred or 8 year's equivalent work experience
- Being able to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and verbal is key
- Subject Matter Expert experience focused on design and implementation of Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Next-generation Firewalls and Cisco Firepower
- Preferred progressive experience in one or more of the following security solutions such as (multiple is preferred):
- Palo Alto experience is a plus
- Web & Email Security (ESA/WSA) is a plus
- Experience with StealthWatch by Lancope is a plus
- Fundamental or conceptual understanding of Cisco datacenter and wireless technologies, VMware virtualization is a plus
- Experience with Tenable is a plus
- Experience with F5 is a plus
- Strong background in traditional networking, ASR/IRS Routers, Catalyst and Nexus platforms, networking technologies (e.g. BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS-VPN, L2/L3, STP, HSRP, etc.)
- Minimum 7+ years direct applicable consulting experience
- Knowledge with scripting and automation leveraging Ansible, Python, Rest API's, JSON, Terraform and other scripting capabilities is strongly desired
- Strong understanding of delivering all technology in a secure manor to include ability to deliver Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Motivated by challenges and has a strong sense of commitment to customer satisfaction
- Detail-oriented and organized with an inquisitive nature that is open to learning from all sources
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Physically able to push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Natural Attention to Detail!
- Ability to work well in a team as well as individually
- Ability to foster strong relationships at all levels
The position exists to provide presales technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Serving federal agencies since 1991, Sirius Federal has a wealth of knowledge and resources to offer best practice solutions that achieve optimal outcomes and meet compliance guidelines. Together with our parent company Sirius Computer Solutions, Inc., we offer a comprehensive range of solutions backed by an expert team of engineers and the highest levels of partnership with leading manufacturers. From design to deployment, support, and maintenance, our technology solutions and services are designed with a constant focus on supporting our customers' missions. We prioritize your success - and we do not succeed unless you do.
Sirius Federal is a Cisco Gold Partner, Dell Technologies Platinum Level, F5 Platinum Partner, IBM Platinum Business Partner, NetApp Star Partner, Nutanix Master Partner, Palo Alto Networks Diamond Partner, Splunk Elite Partner, Tenable Platinum Partner, VMware Premier Partner, and Pure Storage Elite Partner.
Sirius Federal is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.