The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate/Senior Associate in Risk & Compliance - FS Regulatory & Compliance for our practice.
- Assist financial services clients (traditional and non-bank) with assessing enterprise-wide compliance, including compliance risk management programs as well as targeted regulations and requirements, such as: Fair Lending, Community Reinvestment Act, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, Unfair Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP) and other of the federal consumer regulatory guidance
- Collect information and data through, e.g., effective client interviews, system queries and internal/external research; leverage strong critical thinking and analytical skills to complete qualitative and quantitative data analysis, present information translated to client needs and provide recommendations
- Execute a structured approach to problem solving using available tools, techniques and help from team members; conduct/support effective and thorough research, data gathering and analysis on new topic areas
- Assist with the design, preparation and analysis of findings and reports, leveraging strong written communication skills; communicate and present information to clients and colleagues in a clear, logical and concise manner
- Develop and sustain strong relationships with client personnel and KPMG colleagues; collaborate with client personnel and KPMG colleagues on project activities, approach and decisions.
- Manage priorities, time and work to meet deadlines; offer solutions to address obstacles and challenges and leverage knowledge to adjust and adapt as assignments evolve and change
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Associate:
- Supervise and mentor associates, new hires and interns on engagements; seek opportunities to lead teams and is a role model for peers and junior team members
- Demonstrate ownership and management of independent work streams and/or activities; drive the organization and completion of key engagement tasks and deliverables; communicate status and escalates challenges to engagement leadership
- Play an active role in client discussions and may also guide/lead client meetings
- Minimum one year of recent experience in regulatory compliance as a bank compliance manager and/or officer, compliance auditor, regulatory counselor at a federal banking agency, with professional designations such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or commissioned examiner is preferred
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited college/university with a preference for Accounting,
- Finance, Business Management, Law, MIS, Industrial Engineering, Economics or other qualified business-related degree
- Excellent ability to listen and comprehend new content, including concepts, terminology, business operations; knowledge of federal laws, rules and regulations (HMDA, TILA, Reg Z/C/CC/D/DD/E/) associated with this consumer regulatory compliance practice
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to work with diverse work styles and personalities, manage multiple tasks autonomously and prioritize changing workloads
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving abilities with strong verbal and written communication skills and general understanding of data analysis techniques
- Ability to travel and work hours needed to meet client deadlines, at times with relatively short notice, working onsite at client premises approximately 80% of the time
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Additional Qualifications for Senior Associate:
- Minimum three years of recent experience in regulatory compliance as a bank compliance manager and/or officer, compliance auditor, regulatory counsel or at a federal banking agency with professional designations such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or commissioned examiner is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, supporting the oversight of projects and/or the efforts of others
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).