Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
- As a senior member of the Information Technology team, this position serves as a strategic business partner and primary IT liaison for Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
- The Senior Director- IT Business Partner will partner with assigned business and functional leaders to understand processes, strategies, outcomes and KPIs.
- They will collaborate with their partners to develop and deliver on strategy driven roadmaps including people, process, information and technology implications. They will ensure that solutions generate business value and will confirm and communicate impact with well-defined measures.
- This role will take accountability with their business partners for all aspects of IT service and delivery quality.
- They will establish credibility by demonstrating a high degree of industry expertise, operating with strong leadership and communication skills, driving alignment, and delivering on their commitments.
- This can either be on site or a remote/virtual position.
- Partner with business leaders to translate functional business strategies and supporting outcomes into enabling business capabilities.
- Facilitate the development of actionable, multi-year, strategy driven business and IT roadmaps with investment requirements and benefits well enumerated.
- Liaise between assigned functions and IT communities to align demands and priorities.
- Act as the principal information & technology advisor for assigned business units or functions.
- Canvas the marketplace and proactively bring business & technology "art of possible" ideas to further the realization of business strategy.
- Collaborate to identify and develop true business value opportunities, and influence the decision on priorities, roadmap and timing of initiatives/deliverables.
- Partner with business and IT leaders to evaluate proposals, build business cases and plan new joint initiatives.
- Owns building business case for all assigned.
- Oversees creation and maintenance of business architecture and roadmap.
- Gathers high level business requirements regarding new solutions and enhancements to existing solutions.
- Form strong, trust-based relationships with assigned business and functional leaders to ensure involvement in business / functional planning, being engaged proactively for consultation, the ability to challenge thinking and push back and escalate issues as needed, and to establish IT as a respected strategic partner.
- Partner with business teams to ensure effective business transformation for all initiatives (roles, processes, organization) to drive the realization of identified business outcomes.
- Focuses on process adoption, integration of new capabilities with ways of working, and drives associated systems usage.
- Ensures IT is are aware of key business changes and issues.
- Obtain alignment on business-value based priorities.
- Provide input to governance committee for alignment on the global portfolio of initiatives such that IT initiatives support investment decisions with the greatest impact for the business, our colleagues and our clients.
- With the business, support and participate in formal status reporting.
- Manage stakeholder satisfaction with IT services.
- With technology teams (applications, infrastructure, security, project managers, and other business partners), work collaboratively to share knowledge ensuring One IT execution.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Leverage business experience (Manufacturing and Supply Chain) and best practices for targeted business areas and solutions to provide specialized knowledge across the network and add value to overall business objectives.
- Strong and broad-based leadership skills from strategically minded to resourcefulness in working through others.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, biomedical studies, science, or related major with a Master's degree preferred.
- At least 2 years with business architecture and/or solutions strategy experience and at least 5 years of experience in a customer-facing role.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years' experience in IT management, business analysis, consulting, process engineering or solutions management.
- Experience successfully implementing medium-sized enterprise projects in IT lead role (in 2 or more of the targeted business functions: R&D, Quality Control, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Clinical or Facilities & Engineering).
- Track record of developing and leading high performing teams
- Entrepreneurial attitude to drive change and influence innovation
- A great communicator in both written and oral communication
- Project management experience
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech experience required
- A clear financial focus that is visible through value based management
- An ability to sit comfortably on multiple management teams
- A well-respected team player with proven ability to contribute in a number of areas
- A passion for quality, compliance and value in all that is delivered
- A no-nonsense approach to getting things done
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information submitted will be subject to the terms of our .
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.