Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Position qualifies for our Athletic Trainer Incentive Program:
$5,000 paid over a three (3) year commitment period. Payment is spread over a 3-year period in six(6) installments. Payment is made after each six (6) month period of work is completed.
This position will require that the applicant possesses the clinical evaluation and educational skills expected of an athletic trainer working in a physician extender role. The athletic trainer is responsible for the following functions regarding athletic injuries prevention, assessment, treatment, and reconditioning as set forth by the NATA Board of certification. The athletic trainer will demonstrate proper taping, strapping, bracing, and fitting of athletic equipment. The athletic trainer will carry out all prescribed treatments and recommendations by the team/program/event physician.
1. Casting and Patient Care- Casting patients, providing splints, braces, crutches and other DME and provide patient education for these items. Staple or suture removal, preparing injections, taking vital signs and stocking and cleaning rooms.
2. Disability Cases- Answering patient clinical phone calls in a timely manner and completing disability paperwork.
3. Patient Education- Educate patients on home exercise programs and therapeutic exercise. Communicates effectively with patients and staff members.
4. Patient Information- Rooming and obtaining the necessary patient information to update the patient history and chart. Reviewing clinic schedules and charts to verify all of the appropriate test results or patient information related to the appointment have been received. Order appropriate x-ray, lab or other medical tests as indicated. Performance of a thorough medical history and appropriate physical examination on patients with appropriate documentation.
* Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline.
* Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) certification
* Licensed as an Athletic Trainer by the North Carolina Board of Athletic Trainer Examiners or license eligible.
* BLS for healthcare providers.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* One (1) year of experience as an athletic trainer preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the use of relevant medical terminology.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Health Southeastern
Organization Unit: UNC Health Ortho at Health Pk
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Lumberton
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Salary per hour: $20.88 - $26.10 (minimum - midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.