Back to search results
Team Lead Shipping/Receiving Canada (Part-Time)
| Follett Corporation|
United States, Illinois, Westchester
3 Westbrook Corporate Center (Show on map)
|December 06, 2023|
The Team Lead Shipping/Receiving Canada oversees the shipping and receiving department. Is responsible for the proper handling of materials, adherence to safety procedures, and providing accurate, timely shipments. Direct activities to meet the financial and marketing objectives of the company. Act as the leader on duty, responding to customer and associate concerns in the absence of the store manager. As well as opening and closing the store and ensuring all bookstore property and personnel are secure.
* Supervises the work activities of sales associates FT/PT and Temporary, including:
* Trains new associates FT/PT and seasonal associates hired for peak seasons.
* Ensures Sales Associates follow company and store policies, procedures, and standards.
* Oversees the maintenance of systems data, forms, files, and reports in accordance with Store policies and procedures.
* Ensure the shipping/receiving area has adequate supplies and materials and area is neat, clean, and organized.
* Establish and maintain relationships with publishers in order to ascertain the status of an order or damaged books and/or return to vendors.
* Verifies items scan at the correct price and moves items to the appropriate store location.
* Verifies incoming shipments against purchase orders, invoices, or packing slips to ensure all items are received, not damaged, and enters them into store systems in compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards.
* Records receipt of shipments and complete shipping logs.
* Unpacks boxes, verifies items match the purchase order, and enters received goods into the store system.
* Weighs incoming/outgoing cartons and may unload or load trucks or pallets.
* Packs and affixes shipping labels with proper postage on packed cartons.
* May prepare inter-store transfer forms.
* Unloads boxes and prepares products to stock on bookshelves and/or displays.
* Directs customers to the area of the store their item is in and answers routine inquiries.
* Leads efforts to reduce in-store shrink activity through Asset Protection education, awareness, and compliance.
* Acts as the key carrier with store opening and closing responsibilities.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Associate's Degree or equivalent experience required.
* 1 - 3 years of shipping/receiving experience required.
* Ability to lift 35lbs periodically for up to two or more hours at any given time.
* Ability to safely operate material handling equipment as necessary.
* Basic computer skills include the ability to create and save text documents and to create and send emails.
* Previous experience in a warehouse, retail, or shipping/receiving environment (preferred).
* Detail orientation in performing accurate transactions.
* Self-motivated and multi-tasks with minimal supervision.
* Proactively meets both internal and external customer needs.
* Effective work methods and consistently meets commitments.
* Uses sound judgment and decision-making skills.
* Effective communication skills - clear, concise, and positive.
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled