When you step into SEI - anywhere in the world - you know you're not inside a traditional financial services company. We have no offices. Our open innovation spaces spur creativity, the provocative artwork inspires conversation, and the flexible work-life balance drives personal and professional growth. We are a place to inspire your work, build your voice,and grow your community. We're different. And we're proud of it.
The Investment Manager Services Division (IMS) at SEI is growing rapidly and is seeking new members on our Alternative Investment Funds Fund Accountant Team. Our primary goal is to provide exceptional customer service and accounting and administration servicing for our clients' assigned hedge and private equity funds. As a Fund Accounting Director, you will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of premium accounting services to the internal and external clients connected to the Director's bundle of service relationships (i.e., responsibility and authority over the day-to-day tactical accounting operations management related to those client relationships). These responsibilities are to be carried out in a manner consistent with the vision, goals and policies of the unit. You will have operational ownership and leadership for a bundle of service relationships and will be expected to work with the unit's Senior Operations Officers, other Fund Accounting and Administration Directors and other unit personnel, the SEI Solutions Team, other SEI market units, external clients, auditors and vendors to coordinate, facilitate and execute on the delivery of a cost-focused, efficient, standardized and predictable service to the respective marketplace.
You will also be responsible for directing the overall operations functions, including all aspects of transaction initiation and service requests via multiple channels, and training through the supervision of managers and supervisors to ensure the highest quality service to SEI's clients. You will oversee and be responsible for developing and implementing procedures for maintaining and/or enhancing client service and quality and for improving operational efficiency. You will be responsible for formulating and/or implementing operations policies and procedures to facilitate processes according to corporate standards.
What you'll do:
- You will understand, communicate and resolve unique client issues in tandem with SEI Relationship Teams
- You will ensure the overall quality and delivery of Fund Accounting, Shareholder Reporting and Administration services in accordance with client-specific service model
- You will serve as senior technical and operational resource for client
- You will interact with the Board of Directors/Trustees connected to the Director's bundle of service relationships
- In certain circumstances, you will serve as the Chief Financial Officer of client funds
- You will identify, interpret, apply and communicate accounting and industry rules and regulations
- You will identify trends in the investment management business and adjust operational services accordingly
- You will create, communicate, monitor and reinforce departmental vision, goals and objectives
- You will actively participate in regular senior management meetings and initiatives
- You will promote integration of Fund Accounting Department with other SEI lines of business
- You will participate in management skills training and development of staff
- You will set and enforce departmental policies
- You will develop and communicate goals and objectives for the team, and formulate specific action plans. Periodically review prioritization of team goals and objectives and monitor progress regularly.
- You will conduct performance appraisals, monthly one-on-ones with the team analysts and supervisors and provide career pathing and training. You will also ensure staffing requirements are met by participating in interviews and hiring processes. You will provide and foster a team environment to include individual development, promotions and disciplinary action.
- You will participate in or lead departmental projects as applicable
- We want you to succeed and help us continue to enhance our operational efficiency and effectiveness on an ongoing basis! Through attending and participating in various IMS and corporate professional development sessions, you will be provided with the tools to identify potential process improvements across the division and organization. You will have the opportunity to partner with a diverse team and grow your career.
Fund Administration Oversight
- You will review fund financial statements, fund documents, regulatory filings, etc.
- You will review fund budgets and other pro-forma analyses
- You will work closely with Tax and Legal Departments on unique issues
- You will direct, lead and orchestrate the pace and process of change to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- You will ensure premier client service that meets or exceeds client expectations
- You will monitor all current service and quality indicators and establish related goals
- You will provide daily oversight and review of significant fund level threshold deviations
- You will manage staff resources to ensure proper client coverage and service
- You will set departmental policies and procedures related to the operational control environment
- You will monitor and oversee third party vendor performance as it relates to the daily operations
- You will monitor and oversee the progress of the funds' annual audits
- You will write and coordinate fund accounting-related responses to RFP's and RFI's
What you bring to the table:
- BA / BS in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 10 years proven operations management experience leading multiple teams in a changing environment or a minimum of 6 years in a public accounting firm with specific experience in the financial services field.
- CPA preferred
- Significant direct, relevant experience with accounting for mutual funds and other unitized pooled investment vehicles
- Strong knowledge of security trading practices in a back office environment
- Genuine familiarity with the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940
- Experience in reviewing fund financial statements and an understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for investment companies and related reporting requirements
- Proven track record of successfully managing operational teams or departments
- Demonstrated ability to initiate process changes to improve service to clients and improve operational efficiency
- Proven ability to manage staff development and performance
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, along with the analytical skills needed to identify problems and trends.
Attributes we value:
- A drive to broaden one's knowledge of the financial services industry by learning new concepts and systems and taking the initiative to apply it to daily work assignments.
- Attention to detail to ensure that all deliverables consistently meet the highest standard of quality and accuracy
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. As the needs of our clients change, we need to be flexible to change with them.
- Positivity and collegial approach in assisting both colleagues and clients and the ability to work in team environment.
- Curiosity, critical thinking and attention to detail: Whether it's to identify a solution to a problem or possibly help implement a more efficient process or procedure, your skills have a place in our business.
SEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and so much more...
After 50years in business, SEI is a leading global provider of investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions. Reflecting our experience within financial services and financial technology our Oaks, PA office encompasses an open floor plan and numerous art installations designed to encourage innovation and creativity in our workforce. We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and that a healthy, happy, and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. At SEI, we're (literally) invested in your success. We offer our employees paid parental leave, back-up childcare arrangements, paid volunteer days, education assistance, and access to thriving employee networks.
SEI is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.