Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Adjunct Graphic Design & Communications
| Bismarck State College|
United States, North Dakota, Bismarck
1500 Edwards Avenue (Show on map)
|October 24, 2023|
MISSION: As North Dakota's Polytechnic Institution, Bismarck State College focuses on student success through the delivery of affordable, flexible, high-quality, experiential learning enhanced by public-private partnerships.
VISION: Bismarck State College will be a leader in polytechnic education improving lives and building sustainable communities.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsibilities include teaching all aspects of graphic design including Adobe Creative Cloud applications on a Mac-based platform to freshmen and sophomore students. Teaching duties would take place in-person Monday through Friday during daytime hours. Other duties include submitting grades on established deadline, and other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and the Dean of Current and Emerging Technologies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Continuously - 66-100% - Use hands dexterously, talk or hear.
* Frequently - 34-65% - Stand, walk, or sit.
* Occasionally - 1-33% - Reach with hands and arms, stoop/kneel/crouch, or crawl, climb or balance, or lift up to 25 pounds.Benefits:
Competitive salary will be based on degree and credits hours taught.Minimum Requirements:
1. Associate's degree or higher in graphic design or related field and 3 years non-teaching work experience.
2. Good computer software skills - Strong Adobe Creative Cloud skills, especially with Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. Also, Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, etc., email and electronic calendar, and strong Internet familiarity.
3. Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
4. Ability to work cooperatively with students of diverse backgrounds.
5. Ability to articulate and support the community college philosophy with a strong commitment to teaching and learning in a community college setting.Preferred Qualifications:
STARTING DATE: TBD
To be considered by the search committee, thoroughly complete the application and upload:
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Bismarck State College does not provide sponsorships. BSC is an E-Verify Employer.
For more information or assistance contact: (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.