Responsible for the modification, repair and preventative maintenance on all telecommunications equipment or other assigned systems. Performs hardware and software moves, adds and changes. Ensures the telecommunications system and all related equipment are in working condition. Responds to and repairs all trouble reports related to the voice and data circuits. Maintains records on repairs, down time, changes and updates. Keeps and maintains cable records and wiring diagrams and performs cable changes according to industry standard. Assist in the planning, design and selection of solutions and the implementation and maintenance of complex telecommunication systems. Works with clients and other third-party vendors regularly to minimize incompatibility and rework. The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.
- Plans telecommunications network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing installation diagrams.
- Establishes telecommunications networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable trays, and alarm and fire-suppression systems; building ironwork and ladder racks; establishing connections; programming features; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools; coordinating with contractors.
- Verifies telecommunications services by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Documents telecommunications network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
- Maintains telecommunications network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy telecommunications environment by adhering to organization standards and policies, and to legal regulations; alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Keeps telecommunications supplies ready by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items.
- Improves telecommunications job knowledge by attending training sessions; reading technical publications.
- Contributes to telecommunications and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results.
- Manages, monitors and analyzes inbound and outbound data traffic.
- Provides telephone support and technical issue resolution for systems such as Avaya, TASKE, VoIP and more.
- Review and escalate any potential issues to management.
- Assist in other duties as assigned to support the operational needs of the department and organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline. Five (5) years of equivalent experience maybe considered in lieu of degree.
- Three (3) years telecommunications experience OR Five (5) years IT related experience is required.
- Valid Driver's License, clean driving record required. Comprehensive/Liability automobile insurance required.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills, comfortable interacting within all levels of the organization. Ability to troubleshoot and diagnosis hardware and software technical issues in a 24/7 environment. Ability to follow defined processes and procedures. Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to changing work conditions. Assist in disaster recovery solutions. Applied knowledge of products is required such as: Avaya Aura (phone system), Aura Equinox, Aura Messaging (voicemail), TASKE, Spectralink, CMS, Mitel PBX, Microtel, TelmedIQ, etc. Some knowledge of networks, telephone and VoIP protocols. Ability to use basic installation tools and hand tools. Ability to follow strict safety guidelines in adherence with OSHA standards. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system committed to improving the quality of life for people and communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000 team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.