2023 PhD Graduate - Engineering/Mathematician - Simulation & Analysis - A4D
| The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory|
United States, Maryland, Laurel
11100 Johns Hopkins Road (Show on map)
|May 16, 2023|
Are you looking for exciting opportunities to help determine how to best defend the United States, our armed forces, and our allies from all forms of air and missle threats?
Do you love to study something and find ways to make it better?
If you are graduating with a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Mathematics, or similar degrees and want to work in an exciting and collaborative environment to solve challenging technical national security problems, we'd love to have you join our team.
We are seeking innovative and talented technical graduates to join our Multi-Domain System Concepts Group to conduct modeling and analysis, identify defensive systems gaps, and develop new system concepts to revolutionize defensive capabilities for the U.S. You would apply math, engineering, and physics knowledge to implement models and simulations and analyze new concepts including sensors, battle management and communications systems, and kinetic and non-kinetic defensive systems. You would develop expertise in analysis, algorithm development, optimization, and modeling and simulation of a wide variety of U.S. Navy, Missile Defense, and Space systems.
As a member of our team...
* You will develop presentations to effectively communicate technical recommendations to APL leadership, government sponsors, and the engineering community.
* You will contribute to a dynamic group culture to uphold core values through participation in collaborative teams and activities, as well as a dedication to continual improvement, innovation and risk-taking, and developing high quality products.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
* Are skilled in and/or have knowledge of programming and analysis, technical writing and presentation, as well as fundamental math and physics knowledge
* Have proficiency in using MATLAB to conduct analysis, conduct algorithm development, and/or create visualizations of data
* Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain Top Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
* Have a final Secret or Top Secret clearance
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone's voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.