Job posting has expired
Certified Nurse Assistant - OC - Varied Shifts
| Eskaton Properties, Inc.
United States, California, Carmichael
3939 Walnut Avenue (Show on map)
|December 03, 2023
* Same-day pay option available *
Eskaton is a nonprofit senior services provider serving Northern California's older adults for over 50 years. With over 2,000 employees and 36+ properties in Northern California, Eskaton is a great company to join and build a solid career with.
Certified in 2022 as "A Great Place to Work," Eskaton genuinely cares about the financial security, health and well-being of their staff members. In addition to competitive pay and comprehensive benefits that include a company-funded retirement program, Eskaton employees appreciate knowing their work makes a real difference in the community and in the lives they touch.
The rate of pay for this on-call position is $23.00/hour.
Position Responsibilities include:
* Provides or assists residents in bathing/showering for thorough cleanliness and hygiene. Also provides or assists with grooming and hygiene of residents (i.e. shaving, oral hygiene, cleaning, trimming finger/toenails) in a safe and thorough manner on a daily basis.
* Makes beds, straightens rooms, and keeps resident care areas in an organized manner.
* Assists residents in dressing when needed and demonstrates concern for individual privacy while providing resident care.
* Provides safe resident transfers involving bed, wheelchair, chair and/or shower chair.
* Demonstrates ability to assist with toileting in a safe and thorough manner, as indicated in resident's plan of care.
* Promotes independence in resident care as appropriate and demonstrates awareness of safety for both residents and the individuals providing care.
* Takes and records temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and respirations as required.
* Assists residents with simple range of motion or other exercises as directed by nurse or therapist and ambulates residents safely according to his/her endurance levels.
* Applies medical or adaptive devices as ordered by the appropriate supervising nurse.
* Makes rounds to ensure residents' safety, comfort, medical attention every hour or as required by the patient.
* Collects specimens as directed.
* Completes the weighing of each resident as required.
* Sets up meal tray and assists with feeding as necessary. Assesses for choking and responds appropriately.
* Participates in development of resident's plan of care and follows current plan of care.
* Promptly reports a change in conditions of residents.
* Demonstrates knowledge of standard precautions and proper use of gloves, gowns, masks, eye protection and linen handling.
Training and Experience:
The final candidate must successfully pass Eskaton's post offer, pre-employment testing which includes a criminal background check, drug test, COVID test, TB screen test and health screen.
Eskaton is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Licenses & Certifications
Certified Nurse Assistant (required)