The Senior Software Engineer II - Data will play a pivotal role in building and operationalizing the minimally inclusive data necessary for the enterprise data and analytics initiatives following best practices The bulk of the data engineer's work would be in building, managing and optimizing data pipelines and then moving these data pipelines effectively into production for key data and analytics consumers like business/data analysts, data scientists or any persona that needs curated data for data and analytics use cases across the enterprise.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using big data technologies and SQL
- Collaborates with business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Collaborate with other technology teams to help engineer data sets that data science teams uses to implement advanced analytics algorithms that exploit our rich datasets for statistical analysis, prediction, clustering and machine learning.
- Responsible for using innovative and modern tools, techniques and architectures to partially or completely automate the most-common, repeatable and tedious data preparation and integration tasks in order to minimize manual and error-prone processes and improve productivity.
- Train counterparts such as data scientists, data analysts, data consumers in data pipelines and preparation techniques, which make it easier for them to integrate and consume the data they need for their own use cases.
- Helps ensure compliance and governance during use of data.
- Be curious and knowledgeable about new data management techniques and how to apply them to solve business problems.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 7+ years data application development experience
- Strong experience with various Data Management architectures like Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Data Hub and the supporting processes like Data Integration, Governance, Metadata Management.
- Extensive experience with popular data processing languages including SQL, PL/SQL, Python, others for relational databases and on NoSQL/Hadoop oriented databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, others for nonrelational databases.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross-departmentally and cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong organizational, planning and creative problem solving-skills with critical attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success of facilitation and solutions implementation.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Extensive experience with Azure Data Factory
- Extensive experience working with cloud platform (at least one of Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with ETL Tools (SSIS, Informatica, Ab Initio, Talend), Python, Databricks, Microsoft SQL Server Platform (version 2012 or later), and/or working in an Agile environment
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.