*** The successful applicant will be performing work on US Government classified environments, and therefore, must be a U.S. Person (i.e., U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, asylee, or refugee). This position may also perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil. The successful applicant must have a current US Government TS/SCI Full Scope Poly Clearance ***
What You'll Do
CX Americas, US Public Sector Advanced Services delivers innovative, end to end, optimized networking and architecture solutions to public sector IT leaders who are accelerating their mission by transforming their IT. Serving the U.S. Federal government, state and local governments, education, and publicly funded healthcare, we provide senior technical expertise, deep knowledge of the public sector domain, and a strong commitment to the missions of this unique group of customers.
The Technical Leader position is responsible for the support and delivery of Advanced Services Network Optimization, Security, and/or Unified Collaboration services to Cisco's Tier 1 Customers in the US Public Sector market. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer" working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and able to rapidly respond to escalated issues. With a a top-tier mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent customer relationship skills, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers.
Who You'll Work With
The National Security Operations team is comprised of geographically dispersed engineers that design, architect, and support work on critical networks with innovative Cisco solutions. This team is leading the way in providing foundational engineering and operations support with the expectation for networks and data centers to perform at the highest possible levels. We work with our customer in getting their infrastructure ready for future architectures and solutions and assisting them in navigating through proof of concepts and introduction of the same. Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills are traits of successful consultants in this organization. We are strongly focused on continuous development and training on new products/technologies that keep us in a leading position as industry network consulting leaders.
As part of this team, you will work directly with our customers and gain hands-on experience and exposure into their networks. You will collaborate on a variety of projects that have a real impact to our nation's security. We will value your ideas and perspective on how to get things done. You will work on network infrastructures and help to deliver business solutions and technology solutions from data, security, mobility, and cloud.
Who You Are
- Leads customer delivery engagements and/or provides escalation support for large scale solutions and complex issues through deep technical expertise. Provides leadership capabilities and insight for creation and sharing of intellectual capital, influences the Engineering team to improve products, actively mentors and develops others.
- Thought leader; collaborates cross functionally with internal stakeholders to showcase the value of Cisco services and solutions to customers.
- Drives customer technology transitions, influencing solution architectures and services
- Builds customer simulations to resolve/validate complex problems and compatibility issues
- Leads creation and dissemination of technical collateral, intellectual capital, documentation and knowledge transfer
- Provides technical expertise and escalation support in documenting and resolving technical problems found in products and solutions.
- Based on project requirements, consult and work with customers and Cisco stakeholders to plan, design, install, configure, integrate and/or optimize Cisco's suite of products, services to accelerate business outcomes
- Translate business requirements into solution design
- Mentors and develops others
- Individual contributor
Role & Responsibilities
- Connects with Cisco internal stakeholders, customers and partners across functions and boundaries to achieve significant results. Earns the confidence of Cisco leaders and customers and able to use the confidence to achieve results.
- Has a global impact.
- Decisions impact the achievement of customer, operational, program or service objectives.
- Contribute effectively in the areas of Customer Problem Resolution; Innovation; Engineering Engagement; Intellectual Capital; Talent Development.
- Interacts effectively with Engineering to solve complex problems, identifies serviceability issues and drives resolution of the issues with Engineering and other organizations.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to resolve complex customer problems in support of critical issues.
- Owner and keeper of our culture.
- Continuously learning and strengthening technical skills for relevant technical domain and adjacent technologies.
- Is a technical expert in a broad area covering multiple technologies. Applies expected product behavior across industry practices. Knows how the technology is expected to work in the industry.
- Recognized as a technical expert and leader in their technical domain.
- Independently applies knowledge and experience in creating solutions for customer outcomes.
- Solves extremely complex problems where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of factors with imaginative and innovative troubleshooting and experimentation as well as evaluation of intangible variables.
- Initiates reviews of ideas and technical objectives within and across Services. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed by management and through consultation from a relatively long time perspective for results.
- Works independently, with guidance in complex situations only. Able to lead some projects or programs within a function and may act as a team leader to coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Typically requires BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent plus 8+ years related experience.
- Expert level (e.g. CCIE) or equivalent relevant certification desired.
- CISSP, Security+ or equivalent required.
- Cisco DevNet certification is preferred.
- Has moderate to advanced knowledge of software programmability, automation, orchestration, virtualization and/or security.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to function effectively in ambiguous circumstances.
- Successfully communicates difficult concepts. Guides, influences and persuades others either internally and externally.
- Client facing experience. Ability to be onsite 3-4 days/week at the customer location.
In depth knowledge in one or more of the following technical domains:
- Domain expert level of knowledge within Cisco's core collaboration technologies consisting of Cisco Unified Communication Manager, Cisco Call manager Express, Cisco Unity Express, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco IM&P, Cisco Jabber.
- Experience with gateway protocols (MGCP/H.323/SIP/SCCP) in addition to well versed knowledge working with PSTN connections (FXS/FXO/T1/PRI/SIP/CUBE) is required. Acceptable candidate should be able to lead technical discussions surrounding core Cisco UC applications consisting of configuration, implementation, troubleshooting and day to day maintenance.
- The candidate should have experience within enterprise UC environments both in troubleshooting complex scenarios and collaborating with the client and other team members to reach outcomes the meet the client's needs.
- Experienced in providing complex design recommendations integrating new features and new applications to Senior Leadership Teams. Advocate for the customer's best interest and promote Cisco.
- Have Route/Switch advanced knowledge and experience with the following areas: Cisco Routing & Switching Platforms, Datacenter Switching Platforms, IP Routing, Internetworking, MPLS, LAN Switching, Multicast, Route Redistribution
- Familiarity with features, examples include: MPLS (L2/L3 VPN/VRF-Lite) and MPLS-TE, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, EIGRP, inter-as, QoS, Ipv6, IP SLAs, RPVST+, MST, PIM, DMVPN, GETVPN, NetFlow, PfR
Must have knowledge of Data Center Networking and various Cisco components (NEXUS, UCS, etc.) that can deliver these capabilities
- vPC, fabricpath, STP
- Data Center Layer 2 overlays for example VXLAN, OTV, EVPN
- Network management protocols for example PTP, NTP, DNS, DHCP
- Traffic management for example queuing, policing, shaping
- Layer 2 security features for example port security, MACsec, ACL, private vlans
- Routing Protocols and features for example OSPF, ISIS, MBGP, IBGP, PBR, BFD
- Layer 3 Overlay Protocols for example OTV, LISP
- Multicast protocols for example PIM, IGMP, RP, BSR
- Layer 3 security features for example CoPP, ACL's, DAI, ip source guard
- Monitoring services for example Netflow
- Policy driven External Fabric Connectivity for example L2/L3 connectivity
- Candidate must have advanced knowledge and experience with the following areas: System Hardening and Availability, Threat Identification and Mitigation, Intrusion Prevention and Content Security, Identity Management, ASA Firewall/VPN, IOS Firewall and Confidentiality and Secure Access (PKI, IKE, RSA, etc.)
- Has experience with ISE, FirePower, SteathWatch, ASA, Firewall and/or IPS
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!