Field Sales Engineer to join our team in Texas. As a Field Sales Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that expected revenue and customer satisfaction goals are accomplished in the assigned territory serving Milacron's customers in the plastics injection industry.
What Milacron Offers You:
- A robust PTO policy with 6 paid sick days, 11 paid holidays, and 20 days paid vacation!
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, which includes MD Live, RX help center, Medical Advocate Program, company paid short- & long-term disability.
- Generous 401K Matching Program - 3% (base pay) automatic contribution + $.50 for each additional dollar saved on the first 6% of pay saved*
- Competitive pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Opportunities for development and advancement
What you'll do:
- Achievement of the Sales Revenue Plan (In Total, Sales Group, Sales Territory, Focused Product Categories, & By Customer).
- Ensures that they design and execute effective business plans linked to the overall sales strategy, and that corresponding customer calls are made.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of the formal sales process and how to positively affect it in terms of increasing revenue.
- Gets to know competitors and their practices within the assigned region.
- Determine customer satisfaction levels and work with internal resources factory to resolve problems or issues.
- Actively participates in offered sales training and development programs to help them progress in their overall success and capabilities
- Reviews the sales performance within the assigned territory account and primary product group category to determine the successful performance of each or determines the needed root cause / countermeasure analysis. Responsible for the ultimate execution of the countermeasures and actions.
- Routinely travels to visit all assigned accounts, demonstrating the required work ethic, organization, execution of business planning, in-person customer impact, and overall sales skills and competencies. Estimated travel would be TBD 75% on an average monthly basis.
- Works aggressively to close all sales opportunities.
- Supports the monthly Goal Deployment process and participates by presenting the insights discovered through analytics and assembling those insights into an actionable result.
- Routinely maintains the company's CRM / Sales Call Management System & Sales Reporting process.
- Attends required/approved sales meetings, business meetings, and industry conventions.
- Helps to assimilate necessary information towards business plan development inclusive of market sizing, SWOT analysis, market projections, aftermarket projections.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or four to five years of experience in Business Administration or Marketing; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years in an outside B2B field sales role, preferably within a technical or capital equipment sales industry. Experience in the plastic extrusion and/or injection-molding industry is a plus.
- Must be Bilingual (English & Spanish)
Great to Haves:
- Knowledge of Database software; spreadsheet software such as Excel; Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Negotiating Skills - Possesses a strong ability to negotiate customer deals and contracts; ability to assess negotiating skills of sales reps; can help train others to excel in their individual skill level.
- Analysis/Decision Making - Ability to use logic and insight to solve difficult problems and create effective solutions; uncover hidden problems; is excellent at analysis and seeks root cause of problems; makes decisions in a timely manner, under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make tough decisions; supports calculated risk-taking; influences others to build support for decisions; includes others (as appropriate) in decision making. Ability to determine opportunities and threats through comprehensive analytics of historical and future trends.
- Ability to consult and advise on Injection System design optimization.
- Action/Results Oriented - Able to achieve high level, sustainable performance and results; is bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and encourages others to grasp ownership for achieving timely, quality, agreed upon results; is highly energetic; not fearful of acting with less than complete data and planning; seizes opportunities and acts upon them; displays a sense of urgency.
- Customer Orientation Skills - Understands and meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets firsthand customer information and uses it to meet customers' needs by providing the highest quality products and services; acts with customers in mind; develops effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Communication Skills- Presents ideas and clearly articulates the key points of an issue; takes recipients' perspectives into consideration when communicating; listens to and understands views of others; knows who needs what information and communicates information in a concise, timely and straight forward fashion; not afraid to communicate difficult messages. Ability to prepare and deliver impactful executive-level presentations.
- Team Player - Supports team efforts; cooperates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals; builds group cohesiveness by emphasizing team objectives and reinforcing cooperation; creates strong morale in his/her team and across functions; shares wins and successes; brings a feeling of participation and belonging to the team.
- Adaptability - Effectively responds to change and is comfortable with ambiguity; manages conflicting priorities; comfortably handles risk and uncertainty; learns quickly when facing new problems; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 25lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee's ability to see near and far distances.
Who we are:
Milacron is a global leader in the manufacture, distribution and service of highly engineered and customized systems within the $27 billion plastic technology and processing industry. We are the only global company with a full-line product portfolio that includes hot runner systems, injection molding, extrusion equipment. We maintain strong market positions across these products, as well as leading positions in process control systems, mold bases and components, maintenance, repair and operating ("MRO") supplies for plastic processing equipment. Our strategy is to deliver highly customized equipment, components and service to our customers throughout the lifecycle of their plastic processing technology systems.
Milacron is an operating company of Hillenbrand. Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose - Shape What Matters For Tomorrow - we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: .
EEO: At Hillenbrand we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.