Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Operates equipment to produce finished print material associated with patient care as well as departmental services.
1. Set up and operate bindery equipment and complete tasks focusing on quality, accuracy and timeliness. Including but not limited to:
2. Collating, stitching, scoring, folding, perforating, cutting, drilling, punching, corner rounding, laminating, shrink wrapping, padding, coiling and hand work: inserting, stapling, fulfillment.
3. Read and understand work orders.
4. Understand follow daily workflow schedule.
5. Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with supervisors and fellow team members.
6. Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and balance multiple projects at one time.
7. Perform quality control by examining finished products for accuracy and defects.
8. Perform routine maintenance of equipment such as cleaning, oiling and minor adjustments. Notify a member of management to arrange a service call when repairs are outside the scope of routine/daily maintenance.
9. Transport materials by cart, manually, with pallet jack or by fork lift.
10. Prepare and package materials for shipping.
11. Basic computer skills to complete annual online training, communicate via intranet, create shipping labels, etc.
12. Receive, unpack and store incoming orders.
13. Keep work area clean, organized, and safe.
14. Keep track of inventory and request materials to be ordered.
15. Perform deliveries as needed.
16. Operate digital equipment.
* None required.
* No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* One (1) year of experience in the printing industry or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Printing
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.