The function of the Territory Sales Manager is to provide ongoing development of existing and prospective DJO customers to ensure sales growth for Chattanooga & LightForce product lines. The professional will perform field promotional work and relationship management to sell and develop new and existing business.
Territory Sales Managers are responsible for establishing and achieving sales revenue goals/targets for the area assigned through the implementation of strategic and tactical sales activities.
Territory Sales Managers must coordinate & facilitate utilization of resources to drive revenue through Inside Sales, Regional Account Sales, and Clinical Sales Teams
- Accountable for achievement of assigned Company goals and objectives through sales to designated accounts.
- Cultivates customer relationships by initiating contact with physicians, clinic staff, and other device users.
- Understands the competitive landscape, trends in the industry, and the Company's position in the market.
- Layperson expert concerning clinical science & DJO platforms' mechanisms of action
- Demonstration & education on technical and clinical aspects of products to customers, prospective customers, and patients.
- Coordinates company technical engineering services to develop solutions to customers' needs.
- Prepares price quotations, communicates, and/or negotiates terms and conditions of sales within limits of authority
- Writes orders subject to company policy.
- Assists with equipment delivery, set-up, follow-up, and service as needed.
- Supports network of key professionals & related personnel to educate referrals on DJO products.
- Facilitates local educational and sales events, with the support of other internal resources, to augment the business presence.
- National, Regional, State and Local attendance at various tradeshows and conferences are required.
- Expand usage of Lightforce Laser & Chattanooga Shockwave administrations
Sales Territory Management
- Develops & executes a business plan designed to exceed financial, market, and product portfolio goals for assigned territory.
- Utilizes Salesforce to maintain up to date contacts, opportunities, targets, and outcomes.
- Maintains sales funnel for sustained opportunities.
- Maintains comprehensive and effective strategic call plans that drive positive sales results.
- Schedules and prioritizes time for effective territory coverage.
- Effectively manages leads: Identifies, qualifies, and cultivates new sales opportunities
- Responsible for performing region penetration coverage and account identification to drive sales and increase customer base.
- Pre-plans sales calls and maintains efficient time management skills to ensure maximum customer contact and service.
- Drives sales through indirect sales channels
- Develops and maintains key customer relationships to achieve account objectives.
- Takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Responds to customer needs and concerns to resolve issues quickly and professionally.
- Effectively manages customer & dealer relationships to meet sales revenue objectives.
- Fosters strong relationships with Regional Account Managers (Chattanooga) and dealer network.
- Proactively cultivates competitive opportunities that result in converted business.
- Defends competitive threats to minimize losses.
- Identifies underlying problems affecting organizational or individual performance such as market conditions, competitor actions, or other external forces.
- Provides presentations and demonstrations to the customer on application and use of DJO products using effective communication and sales techniques.
- Demonstrates commitment to the DJO Compliance & Ethics Program, the DJO Code of Conduct, the DJO Sales and Marketing Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code of Ethics, and all supporting and applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Treats Protected Health Information (PHI) with the strictest confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA standards.
- Acquires a basic understanding of the field to include regulatory compliance issues and adhere to these guidelines.
- Completes administrative responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner. Completes tasks assigned as well as expense reports, surveys, business plans, regional reports, training records, etc. Develops or uses systems to organize and track information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- TM: Minimum of 3 years of experience in Sales or relevant Customer Service
- Sr. TM: Minimum of 5 years experience in Sales or relevant Customer Service; Experience selling capital equipment strongly preferred
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
General Skills/Competencies/Specialized Knowledge
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Communication - Communicates effectively at all levels of the organization. Expresses ideas clearly and simply both verbally and in writing. Promotes timely, ongoing flow of information to others. Communicates and listens effectively in order to develop and maintain key business relationships.
- Interpersonal Skills - Ability to work with co-workers and customers, both internal and external, of all levels. Ability to professionally interact and build constructive and effective relationships with all levels and functions within the Company. Ability to effectively interface with others on behalf of the organization. Influences key business partners and customers to achieve mutually beneficial results.
- Presentation Skills - Demonstrated ability to present 1:1 or in group settings. Delivers a clear and compelling message tailored to the needs of the audience.
- Initiative - Ability to work well independently and exercise appropriate judgment under general direction. Ability to prioritize workload, goals and tasks consistent with the department and corporate objectives. Ability to take direction from multiple sources and manage conflicting priorities in an effective and efficient manner. Ability to multi-task, completing concurrent projects within given time frames and managing interruptions and change requests. Takes initiative to establish new processes and methods to support a variety of coordination activities.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic to solve problems. Probes all sources for answers. Looks beyond the obvious. Enjoys solving tactical and process problems. Applies appropriate theory and principles, expert judgment, and cross-functional expertise to address a broad range of complex problems.
- Decision Making - Makes timely, sound decisions based on analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment. Utilizes a high degree of creativity and latitude. Relies on extensive experience and good judgment to ensure that expectations are met and that business objectives are achieved.
- Adaptability - Embraces and adapts to change and demonstrates a willingness to learn. Reactionary and adaptable to abrupt changes, arising issues, extreme time pressures, and other exigent circumstances. Ability to respond quickly to change, and to prioritize actions to meet customer needs.
- Trust and Integrity - Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization. Accepts responsibility for one's own decisions and actions. Demonstrates honesty. Keeps commitments. Behaves in a consistent manner and is open, honest and trustworthy.
- Collaboration and Teamwork - Works collaboratively and cooperatively with many teams cross-functionally. Ability to work well with other people to solve problems and to find the best solution. Energetic and willingness to work closely with all team members to achieve success.
- Customer Orientation - Demonstrates a keen understanding of various customers' (internal or external) needs and utilizes a variety of Devicor resources to provide solutions and a compelling value proposition.
- Business Acumen - Strong grasp of business concepts and related issues. Shows understanding of issues relevant to organization. Keeps up to date with current practices and trends. Has and uses cross-functional knowledge.
- Global/Business Perspective - Shows understanding of issues relevant to organization. Keeps up to date with current practices and trends. Has and uses cross-functional knowledge. Strong grasp of business concepts and related issues.
- Computer Skills - Proficient computer system-based tools including Microsoft Office applications, presentation, e-mail, web browsers and spreadsheet software.
- Technical Skills - Working Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams applications and Salesforce platform
- Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time, with occasional overnight travel up to 5 days.
- Considerable time spent traveling in car to customer accounts. Requires air travel based on the needs for a specific territory.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Field based (i.e., physician's offices, hospitals, clinics, etc.).
- Must be able to walk, sit or stand for long periods of time, climb stairs, lift up to 50 lbs. into and out of vehicle, up to 10 times per day.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT DJO GLOBAL
DJO Global is a leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of high-quality medical devices that provide solutions for musculoskeletal health, vascular health and pain management. Our products address the continuum of patient care from injury prevention to rehabilitation after surgery, injury or from degenerative disease, enabling people to regain or maintain their natural motion. Our products are used by orthopedic specialists, spine surgeons, primary care physicians, pain management specialists, physical therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, athletic trainers and other healthcare professionals. In addition, many of our medical devices and related accessories are used by athletes and patients for injury prevention and at-home physical therapy treatment. Product lines include rigid and soft orthopedic bracing, hot and cold therapy, bone growth stimulators, vascular therapy systems and compression garments, therapeutic shoes and inserts, electrical stimulators used for pain management and physical therapy products. Our surgical division offers a comprehensive suite of reconstructive joint products for the hip, knee and shoulder. Our products are marketed under a portfolio of brands including Aircast, Chattanooga, CMF, Compex, DonJoy, ProCare, Exos, Dr. Comfort, DonJoy Performance and DJO Surgical.
For additional information on the Company, please visit www.DJOglobal.com.
DJO is a growing subsidiary of diversified technology leader Colfax Corporation
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.