Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Senior Manager
USA - California - Mountain View/Sunnyvale, USA - California - San Francisco, USA - California - San Jose, USA - Oregon - Hillsboro
Job Description and Requirements
Synopsys IT cloud team is responsible for providing best in class EDA Infrastructure & Design environment in the public cloud, optimized to meet the scale and complexity of the EDA workload. As we expand and accelerate "Synopsys Cloud", we are looking for a Cloud Engineering Manager who can be a change agent for our leading-edge transformation. You will manage a team handling a challenging and varied array of problems in how we gain further maturity in DevOps tools, processes, and Infrastructure Engineering capabilities. You will assist in designing and executing our cloud roadmap that consists of high-performing, innovative solutions.
- Measure and optimize Cloud services & software performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve.
- Evaluate and adopt new Cloud services in Servers, Storage/Backup, and Network for scalability, robustness, and uptime improvement in all global sites
- Implement, maintain, and consult on the observability stack that supports the needs of multiple internal stakeholders.
- Utilize your deep experience and problem-solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new system layers of high complexity EDA/HPC design environments.
- Researching and recommending specific systems, architectures, and applications, for cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Work closely with the IT, Product, and Engineering teams to define, discover, and implement requirements while providing an exceptionally stable and reliable platform on Synopsys Cloud.
- Managed infrastructure-focused engineering teams on Cloud [ Azure Preferred] and have multiple years of experience focusing on one or more of the following areas:
- Build, Test, Deploy
- Developer Productivity
- Reliability Engineering
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Domain Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure services on clouds such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
- Proven experience in High-Performance Computing environments for HPC/EDA workload is preferred.
- Proven problem-solving / troubleshooting skills. HA and Scalability knowledge and experience
- Experience & Certifications in a range of cloud services such as Azure
- Startup mentality: You are comfortable navigating fast-moving hyper-growth initiatives.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Relevant experience of 5+ yrs
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.
The base salary range across the U.S. for this role is between $111,000 to $194,000. In addition, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus, equity, and other discretionary bonuses. Synopsys offers comprehensive health, wellness, and financial benefits as part of a of a competitive total rewards package. The actual compensation offered will be based on a number of job-related factors, including location, skills, experience, and education. Your recruiter can share more specific details on the total rewards package upon request.
Base Salary Range
$111,000 to $194,000