About McNeilus, an Oshkosh company
McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing Inc. is an industry leading manufacturer of concrete mixers and refuse truck bodies. McNeilus has long been the industry standard when it comes to transporting concrete to the job site with our rear discharge mixers, as well as the Oshkosh S-Series front discharge mixer. McNeilus also produces a complete line of high-performance rear load, front load, and automated side load refuse bodies to augment any refuse collection fleet.
Job Title: Group Lead
Market Title: Group Lead
Status: Regular Full-Time
The Group Lead is responsible for motivating, leading, and counseling team members in the department with guidance from the Production Supervisor. The Group Lead must be knowledgeable in all aspects of the department to effectively lead the team. This position is also responsible for making judgements regarding scheduling, work priorities, and material availability; handling employee concerns; applying rational systems to solve practical problems; dealing with a variety of concrete variables with only limited standardization; and interpreting a variety of written, oral, diagrammatic, and/or schedule instructions. The Group Lead will act in a supervisory capacity in the absence of the Production Supervisor but will escalate any administrative actions to the next higher level of leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to perform and demonstrate most tasks of the department.
- Motivate, assign work, and lead all team members in your department.
- Bring any employee concerns to the supervisor in order to ensure team morale.
- Monitor and adjust workflow to meet the requirements of the schedule.
- Perform product inspections and evaluate the quality of the work prior to the product leaving the area.
- Perform inventory of stock and communicate all shortages to the appropriate personnel (shortage boards, material planners, etc.).
- Maintain and complete all manufacturing paperwork for the area.
- Must be willing to lead by example through hands-on work.
- Ability to interact with internal/external customers, suppliers, and vendors in a professional manner consistent with company practices.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two (2) or more years of manufacturing experience.
- Experience performing all tasks within the department.
- Acceptable attendance record with four (4) or less attendance points in the past twelve (12).
- Associates Degree or Technical Degree.
- Computer literate and experienced with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing principle such as value stream, 5S, Seven General Types of Waste and project planning.
OSHKOSH CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Inspires and Motivates Others
- Genuine leader that engages, motivates and inspires others through trust, credibility, and collaboration. Understands how their leadership style impacts others.
- Makes decisions and bold moves in the face of adversity/uncertainty and accepts responsibility for those decisions.
- Helps others discover themselves and has a strong belief in themselves.
- Openly shares their knowledge and experience with others; encourages healthy debate.
- Builds Collaborative Relationships
- Understands the products and services of all parts of the business and facilitates the flow of information between them to maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
- Establishes good interpersonal relationship by ensuring that people are valued, appreciated and included. Actively listens to and fully involves others.
- Gets to know people at all levels and adapts their leadership style to engage all team members
- Coaches & Develops
- Makes their own and their team members' development a priority. Gives others a sense of ownership and personal commitment to their work.
- Encourages team members to excel; delegates with development in mind.
- Provides timely and candid feedback in a way that encourages growth.
- Encourages Innovation & Inclusion
- Champions and generates creative ideas to improve current thinking, processes and systems.
- Possesses an awareness of current trends and shares this knowledge to improve the business.
- Treats people the way they want to be treated rather than the way you wish to be treated.
- Comfortable working with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions as well as working effectively with all members in the organization
- Aligns Organization
- Brings meaningful purpose, practical strategies and goals together to align achievable results.
- Sets challenging and impactful business objectives, aligns resources, and takes responsibility to achieve results.
- Ensures when decisions are made that all aspects of the business are considered and those impacted understand why.
- Drives Strategic Thinking
- Understands the organization functions within a global environment. Spends time and effort on the implications of global business and its competitive elements.
- Builds and communicates a shared purpose, explains "the why" and generates enthusiasm around it to achieve positive results.
- Internal Contacts: Contact with employees or others primarily at a routine level involving basic information exchange. Contact with peers and others involving explanation of information (these contacts may be within or outside department or division), and the gathering of factual information; may include the communication of sensitive or confidential information.
- External Contacts: Limited external contact to: gather information, answer queries, or ask assistance.
- Communication Skills: Read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Read and interpret safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Read, analyze and interpret business manuals, technical procedures and/or government regulations.
- Decision-Making: Requires minimal decision-making responsibility.
- Complexity, Judgment and Problem Solving: Work of a relatively routine nature. Requires the ability to understand the follow instructions. Structured work, following a limited variety of standard practices.
- Recommends personnel actions (hiring, termination, pay changes). Involves scheduling, supervision, and evaluation of employees who perform similar work assignments.
- Physical Demands: Frequent: Standing, Walking/Running, Sitting, Reaching, Climbing, Driving, Bending/Kneeling, Hearing, Talking, Visual, Typing, Fine Dexterity, Manual Dexterity; Upper Extremity Repetitive Motion, Lifting/Carrying 35lbs., Pushing/Pulling 50lbs.
- Non-Physical Demands: Frequent: Analysis/Reasoning, Communication/Interpretation, Math/Mental Computation, Reading, Sustained Mental Activity (i.e. auditing, problem solving, grant writing, composing reports), Writing.
- Environmental Demands: Frequent: Work Alone, Frequent Task Changes, Tedious/Exacting Work, High Volume Public Contact, Dust, Temperature Extremes, Loud Noises, Physical Danger, Toxic Substances (i.e. solvents, pesticides, etc.)
- Work Schedule: Routine shift hours. Infrequent overtime, weekend, or shift rotation.
- Demands/Deadlines: Occasional stress due to deadlines or workload because of intermittent or cyclical work pressures, or occasional exposure to distressed individuals within the immediate work environment.
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.