Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment ****
Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
Work for an organization where your career is a force for good!
We are seeking a relationship builder who can meet goals and objectives, connect with our donors, and serve our mission.
The Role: Regional Philanthropy Officer-Individual and Foundational Giving
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective donors in the Greater New York Region.
- Develop and execute ongoing regional strategy for qualifying donors to ensure retention, growth of donor contributions, as well as recapture from previous donors. Work collaboratively with other departments and fundraising staff to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and the interests of the donor/prospect.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing Tiffany Circle members, women philanthropists who advance the Red Cross mission financially and with their time.
- Act as liaison for Tiffany Circle at the Regional, Divisional and National levels.
- Meet personal annual revenue targets by working with an assigned portfolio of individual donors and prospects. Implement a program/activity to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors at the $5,000 level or higher, with an emphasis on maximizing revenue for the American Red Cross.
- Assist donors in creating meaning in their lives by giving to the American Red Cross.
- This position is a blend of work-from-home, in-person meetings with donors, and an occasional team meeting in the New York City office.
- Participate in disaster relief fundraising projects as appropriate.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum five years of sales and/or fundraising experience required.
- Proven experience in developing strategies for donor retention, growth, and recapture, and proven success with complex requests is required.
- A current valid driver's license and a good driving record is required.
- Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Knowledge of office systems: MS Office preferred and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser's Edge, Salesforce.com). Ability to work on a team within a collaborative environment and ensure the highest customer service orientation.
- Travel: Frequent travel within the Region is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move 15 to 30 pounds.
- May require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment will consist of moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a small cubicle and the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Overall mobility is essential.
- It may also include driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work with a diverse team of development professionals to support the work within the Greater New York Region.
What's in it for you:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance your learning.
- Medical, Dental Vision plans
- Paid Family Leave: 12 weeks paid at 80%
- PTO + Holidays
- 401K with 4% match
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition
- Pay for Performance
The salary range for this position is (NYC): $84,000 -92,000
Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the work is performed. The stated salary range in this posting is specific to NYC. If you live outside of NYC and are a remote employee, your salary may be different and based on your geographic location. The specific salary information will be shared at the time of phone screening based upon your location and qualifications.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights