The Investment Manager Services Division (IMS) at SEI is growing rapidly and is seeking new members on our Alternative Investment Funds accounting team. Our primary goal is to provide exceptional accounting and administration servicing for our clients' assigned hedge and private equity funds. As a Fund Accountant, you will act as an intermediary between the funds and their investment managers and serve as the official record keeper for the funds.
What you'll do:
- Your skills in accounting will be used by pricing and maintaining timely records for hedge and private equity holdings using various external pricing resources. You will perform timely reconciliations regarding Net Asset Values and provide accounting reports. You are responsible to communicate the transactions associated with the fund(s) and work closely with internal and external clients to provide accurate and thorough accounting packages
- As the record keeper for the fund, you will be involved in the coordination and support of various year-end audit engagements in accordance with GAAP accounting standards. We will need you to perform due-diligence to ensure clients are in compliance with government laws and regulations
- You will correspond with external investment managers regarding day-to-day fund inquiries including fee payments, cash position breaks, and reconciliations. Client engagement and a dedication to quality service is a must for success
- We want you to succeed and look for future solutions! Through attending and participating in various IMS and corporate professional development sessions, you will acquire the tools to identify processes across the division and organization. You will have the opportunity to partner with a diverse team and grow your career
What you bring to the table:
- BA / BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- Internship experience preferred
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel
- The self-motivation and drive to monitor multiple client deliverables without sacrificing excellence or quality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as you will primarily support your clients through email and/or phone calls
- Strong customer service skills as you will be communicating daily with internal clients and your clients.
Attributes we value:
- A drive to broaden one's knowledge of the financial services industry by learning new concepts and systems and taking the initiative to apply it to daily work assignments
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. As the needs of our clients change, we need to be flexible to change with them. Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel
- Positivity and collegial approach in assisting both colleagues and clients and the ability to work in team environment.
- Curiosity, critical thinking and attention to detail: Whether it's to identify a solution to a problem or possibly help implement a more efficient process or procedure, your skills have a place in our business
SEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and so much more...
After 50years in business, SEI is a leading global provider of investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions. Reflecting our experience within financial services and financial technology our Oaks, PA office encompasses an open floor plan and numerous art installations designed to encourage innovation and creativity in our workforce. We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and that a healthy, happy, and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. At SEI, we're (literally) invested in your success. We offer our employees paid parental leave, back-up childcare arrangements, paid volunteer days, education assistance and access to thriving employee networks.
SEI is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.