This position will remain open until filled.
Job Summary: Clinical adjunct faculty are part-time faculty hired to teach in the clinical setting on a semester basis.
Educate first and second year dental hygiene students on clinical components such as examinations, radiographs, anesthesia, fluoride therapy, medical consultations, and referrals.
Current Pennsylvania DMD or DDS license or eligible for a Pennsylvania DMD or DDS license
Current BLS/CPR certificate
Compliant with Pennsylvania Child Protective Service Laws
Licensing Requirements: Pennsylvania DMD or DDS license
PA Act 15 Clearances
As a requirement for this position, you are expected to provide current copies of the following: Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check prior to your first day of employment. These must have been obtained within the last 60 months and for the purpose of employment (not volunteer). You may submit current copies of your clearances to the Office of Human Resources at the time an offer of employment is made.
Hiring Range: $75.00/hour
- Three years of clinical practice experience.
- One year of teaching experience in the clinical/didactic setting.
If part time, hours per week: 4 - 12
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC's commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others' expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.