The Packer position is responsible for packaging Injection, Thermoformed, and EPP products, operates auxiliary equipment, and performs quality functions to ensure product meets standards.
* Ensures quality standards are maintained in handling, packaging and finishing of all products packaged.
* Ensures correct quantity of product per carton and proper packaging requirements are followed.
* Label cartons, W.I.P., or products accurately. Verifies box and UPC label accuracy with packaged product.
* Inspects product at each step of secondary and/or packaging process for quality defects. Performs necessary post molding operations and rework as required to adhere to quality standards.
* Operate auxiliary equipment: Hot stamp, Lid Counter/Bagger, Boxing station, power hand tools, etc.
* Assemble components to build kits or units installing hinges, brackets, and other hardware as required.
* Maintains a clean and organized work station. Maintains strict housekeeping guidelines at all times.
* Recognize and report any problems, issues, discrepancies, or questions to Process Technician and/or Supervisor in a timely fashion.
* Complete and maintain required information on production related forms.
* Complies with safety, operating policies and procedures regarding equipment, materials, and finished goods.
* Follows all work processes implemented in the department and follows all safety and Company guidelines as outlined in the department manuals.
* Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
* Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
* Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
* Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
* Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
* Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
* Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
* Understands department's key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
* Other duties as needed or required.
* Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You may be required to:
Constantly walk, stand, bend at the neck, twist at neck and/or waist, use hands for simple grasping, lift/carry up to 10 lbs
- Frequently carry/lift up to 25 lbs, bend at the waist, reach below shoulder level
- Occasionally squat, climb, use hands for power grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling, reaching above shoulder level, lift/carry up to 50 lbs
- Work around equipment/machinery
- Be exposed to excessive noise
- Be exposed to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals typical in a manufacturing environment
- Work at heights (approximately 3 ft.)
- Use required PPE
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Less than high school education; three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must be able to read and interpret safety rules, procedures and SDS (Safety Data Sheets).
* Must be able to read and understand instructions for assembly, packaging and operating secondary machinery
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* High School Diploma
* 1+ years' related experience
CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.