Roles & responsibilities:
* Perform L1 Application Support services on a 24x7x365 basis globally.
* Monitor applications and be a key stake holder in Customer Incident and Change Management Process.
* Regularly perform data analysis to determine Customer's program performance and identify areas of improvement
* Enter all incidents and service requests into Customer's Service Management tool
* Assign incidents generated by monitoring tools to corresponding application and support teams using SOPs.
* Escalate and engage Incident Requests and Change Requests to respective application teams using escalation matrix.
* Communicate and correlate any events triggered during a change window to corresponding application teams to ensure application availability.
* Increase quality of work through streamlining of processes, reducing incident counts, innovating wherever/whenever possible, and through various other continuous improvement opportunities.
* The approved service management tool(s) (e.g., Remedy) will serve all specific incidents, changes and service requests. Any requests outside the approved tool(s) will be discussed and mutually agreed upon between Customer and Cognizant.
* Monitor services in "Dynatrace Synthetic" for availability and performance of applications.
* Basic understanding of UNIX scripting
* Basic understanding of Oracle or any other relational database is desired.
* Experience on batch scheduling
* Knowledge on tool monitoring
* Knowledge of Omnibus, IPMon, Splunk or Dynatrace is desired.
* Knowledge of Mainframe skills- JCL, MVS
* Knowledge on Tandem technology is added advantage
* Effective problem and troubleshooting skills.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Effective interpersonal skills.
* Azure Monitor
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 27 2022
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at or follow us
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email with your request and contact information.