Strategic Planner - Top Secret
Xcelerate Solutions is seeking a Strategic Planner to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA). In this role, you will be responsible for supporting DTRA's Contingency Operations Department, Operations Integration Directorate (OI) and its global customer base within the geographic Combatant Commands (CCMD). You will apply your experience in Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE), strategic planning, DoD acquisitions, and Joint Capability Integration and Development System (JCIDS) to support the integration of RDTE and emergent requirements to operational Strategy and Plans. Come join our award-winning organization and work with some of the most talented and brightest minds in the GovCon industry.
- Provide expert acquisition planning support; pre-award, post-award, source selection, and close out
- Provide pre-award documentation support including the development or input to statements of work, performance work summaries, independent government cost estimates, quality assurance surveillance plans, performance levels/acceptable quality levels, justifications and approvals, determination and findings, source selection plans, requests for proposals and quotations, task order requests, business clearances, and other pre-award documentation
- Provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff, including training in contracting practices and procedures
- Provide acquisition and contract life cycle management for service contracts
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years' DoD experience in planning/strategic planning
- Experience working in a time-sensitive environment with a high-level of accountability
- Knowledge of DTRA Acquisition and Requirements processes and policies; Joint Capability Integration and Development System (JCIDS); Defense Acquisition Systems and Planning and Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) Process
- Ability to apply concepts and techniques to develop Long Range Strategic Planning
- Knowledge of Force Development process and policies
- Knowledge of DoD Research, Development, Testing, and Evaluation policies
- Ability to fuse and integrate DTRA Operations, Intelligence, Plans, Research and Development, and Acquisitions
- Demonstrated experience in the ability and skills to manage multiple projects, keep track of, or adjust, existing tasks while identifying new tasks and expectations as projects evolve
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, and articulate correspondence with a focus on quality control and attention to detail; excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate scientific and technical material to junior service members up to senior executive leaders
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills that foster teamwork and create positive relationships with staff and principals
- Working knowledge of coordination requirements for the successful preparation and approval of reports, briefings, memoranda, and presentations
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, plan, problem solve, and adapt in a fast-paced and strategic environment under minimal supervision
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project)
- Possess the skills necessary to operate SVTC suites
- Experience working with or within the Special Operations Forces Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics system
- Experience with a Joint Program Executive Office or Joint Requirements Office
About Xcelerate Solutions
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in McLean, VA, Xcelerate Solutions (www.xceleratesolutions.com) is one of America's fastest-growing companies. Xcelerate's culture is defined by our diversified workforce of dynamic and versatile professionals, supported with growth and development opportunities that contribute to individual and company growth. This strong commitment to our employees has been recognized by our inclusion on the Washington Business Journal's "50 Best Places to Work" list as well as being a "Great Place to Work" certified company with a 4.6 star, and a 99% CEO approval Glassdoor rating. Come find out why Xcelerate Solutions is one of the DC Metro top employers!
Xcelerate Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or expression of another protected characteristic. As part of this commitment to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, Xcelerate provides reasonable accommodations if needed because of an applicant's or an employee's disability.
Pay Transparency Notice: Xcelerate Solutions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.