The Endpoint Engineer is a key member of the Endpoint Management team at Winston & Strawn, an international law firm with more than 900 attorneys in 16 offices around the world. The Endpoint Management team is responsible for the development, deployment, maintenance and support of the firm's physical and virtual desktop environments and mobile devices, as well as the technologies used to manage these platforms.
This engineering role is responsible for the administration and day-to-day operations of the firm's user-facing systems, including hardware selection; operating system imaging, configuration, and certification; inventory availability or capacity planning; application deployment and security policy compliance, all with the end goal of delivering a stable, reliable, and elegant computing environment.
The Endpoint Engineer will be the owner of one or more of the firm's management solutions (Microsoft Intune, Endpoint Manager, Citrix Cloud, etc.), and will be responsible for keeping pace with the firm's continued investment in leading-edge technologies to deliver, configure and secure access to the firm's cloud-based and on-prem systems.
The Endpoint Engineer will leverage the firm's monitoring and analytics software to proactively identify issues and trends that impact user satisfaction and productivity, and will make recommendations on new technologies, services, and practices to deliver an exceptional user experience for the firm's attorneys and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role includes defining, building, and operating solutions for the firm's end-user compute environments. Responsibilities include:
- Participating in the evaluation and definition of the User Experience, specifying standards for how applications and desktops should perform, anticipating user interaction with upgrades and patch management, optimizing user interfaces, and ensuring intuitive, elegant system design and optimal supportability.
- Defining procedures for imaging desktop and laptop hardware, including evaluation and testing of BIOS version, BIOS configuration and device drivers, and virtual machines, including virtual hardware specifications.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of upgrade cycles for the Windows OS, major core applications, and other enterprise applications.
- Working with the firm's Enterprise Applications, IT Operations, and Risk teams to define and evolve new ways of delivering applications to any device.
- Defining and implementing standard policies, procedures, and processes for endpoint device management, including operating system and application deployment, application packaging and configuration, and the securing of the environment against the installation or execution of unapproved applications.
- Assisting in the vulnerability management efforts of the firm following the standards set by the firm's Information Risk Management team, including the deployment of security patches using an enterprise patch management solution and the configuration of security controls such as AppLocker application whitelisting, NTFS permissions, and Windows Firewall rules.
- Demonstrating expert-level proficiency with key technologies to be supported, including willingness and ability to develop expertise in new technologies as needed.
- Driving innovation and continuous improvement of the end user computing environment.
- Evaluating the impact of relevant emerging technology and business trends.
- Providing technical and operational governance across the firm's end-user computing environment.
- Offering excellent third-tier knowledge and support to first- and second-tier technical support analysts during issue escalation, coordinating problem evaluation and troubleshooting efforts with other IS staff.
- Recommending and supporting new tools, techniques, and technologies for workstation and mobile device management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or 5 + years equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of IT Infrastructure or desktop experience creating or maintaining enterprise level systems, management and or architecture, ideally in a multi-domain, multi-datacenter environment required.
- Must have "hands-on" experience with Windows and Citrix management technologies (Active Directory, SCCM, XenApp/XenDesktop).
- Must be certified in, or actively pursuing a certification in, at least one of the core management technologies.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Office 365, SCCM, Mac OSX, Apple iOS, and Android.
- Strong working knowledge of automation and scripting (PowerShell and/or Python).
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills, with the ability to schedule and coordinate multiple activities in results-oriented environment.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must have customer service attitude and ability to work well with other groups.
- Must subscribe to being highly available and responsive to occasional after-hours issues, as the firm operates on a near 24x7 basis.
- Experience in the legal market a plus.
We value diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled (EOE=Equal Opportunity Employer)