Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives - and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It's also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
- Demonstrates competence in observing the Central Monitor for any changes in the cardiac rhythm and immediately reports such changes to the nurse in charge of the patient.
- Takes and mounts in the patients' medical record the electrocardiogram rhythm tracings of each patient on telemetry at the beginning of the shift and whenever there is a change in the patients rhythm of cardiac status.
- Records in the Technicians log the patient's cardiac rhythm. As noted during his/her shift.
- Demonstrates competence and an awareness and understanding of patients' needs for comfort and safety in applying electrodes and maintaining the telemetry unit while inpatient use. Identifies patient by name before applying or checking electrodes and telemetry unit; checks patients' name and band for correct identification; assures proper name and that band is secured on patients wrist.
- Provides patient education in regard to care and use of the telemetry unit. Utilizes knowledge of techniques and regulations appropriate to the ages of patients served. Communicates clearly and tactfully with patients.
- Maintains the central monitor and individual telemetry units telemetry units in proper working order.
- Prepares reports and statistics in a complete and accurate manner, as required.
- Completes weekly and monthly tasks in a timely manner; reports to the Director and/or
- Charge Nurse regularly on the status of ongoing project.
- Responds promptly to placing new patients on telemetry; anticipates patient needs and
- Checks on telemetry placement regularly.
- Recognizes abnormal EKG readings and reports them to the nurse in charge of the patient immediately.
- High School graduate, or equivalent, two years college background preferred.
- Successful completion of an approved ECG Course preferred.
- One year experience as EKG testing preferred.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.