Personnel Security Specialist
| Xcelerate Solutions|
United States, Virginia, McLean
8405 Greensboro Drive (Show on map)
|March 09, 2023|
Personnel Security Specialist
Crystal City, VA - 75% Remote
Are you looking for a new and exciting career opportunity working with one of the Washington, DC Area's "50 Fastest Growing Companies" and "Best Places to Work" awardee? Interested in working for an organization who plays a role in supporting mission critical programs that help Make America Safer? If so, Xcelerate Solutions is looking for YOU!
Come join our award-winning organization and work with some of the most talented and brightest minds in our Enterprise Security practice responsible for the initiation and adjudication of the background investigations on candidates for employment with US Marshals Service and reinvestigations for existing USMS employees.
* Determine the appropriate level of initial investigation and reinvestigation depending on position's designation level (Special Sensitive, Critical-Sensitive, Noncritical-Sensitive, High Risk, Moderate Risk, and Low Risk).
* Conduct preliminary record checks of Office of Personnel Management's Central Verification System (CVS) to determine if there is a current reciprocal investigation that meets position designation requirements.
* Perform CVS searches to determine most recent investigation, issues, closing codes, clearance/access level, and date granted.
* Review the e-QIP/security forms for completeness.
* Determine if additional inquiries are necessary to resolve discrepant, negative, or contradictory information.
* Fingerprint applicants or request applicants to complete fingerprints via Field Print and employees, conduct National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/National Law Enforcement. Telecommunications System (NLETS) inquiries; conduct credit checks.
* Request funding approval from client management, release eQIP forms to DCSA.
* Inactivate records and assist with file destruction project; ensuring the background investigation information is accurate in the client security tracking system.
* Prepare for signature the form to request building access and a personal identity verification (PIV) card for client employees.
* Coordinate with client Clearance Team security files being sent to DOJ Personnel Security Group (PERSG) for sensitive compartment information (SCI) adjudication.
* Assist with reinvestigations: request updated documents via e-QIP and sending initiation emails to candidates for completion,Other duties as assigned; associated with and/or in support of your primary role or program mission.
* Must have a minimum of three (3) years of specialized experience as an information security specialist, as well as possess a high school diploma (or higher preferred).
* Experience with personnel security government applications to include eQip, CVS, etc.
* Top Secret Clearance
About Xcelerate Solutions
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in McLean, VA, Xcelerate Solutions () is one of America's fastest growing companies, being named to the Inc. 5000 List in both 2014 and 2015. With an ISO 9001 certified quality management system, an ISO 27001 certified information security management system, and delivery processes assessed at CMMI Level 3, Xcelerate is committed to service delivery excellence. Our ability to integrate security solutions, business processes, enterprise technology, and project management enables us to deliver solutions that solve problems and accelerate results for our clients. Xcelerate's culture is defined by our diversified workforce of dynamic and versatile professionals, supported with growth and development opportunities that contribute to their continued success. This strong commitment to our employees has been recognized by our inclusion on the Washington Business Journal's "50 Best Places to Work" list.
Xcelerate Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with EO 13665 Final Rule, Xcelerate Solutions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Applicants selected must be able to possess and maintain a government clearance as required for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED