Back to search results
Blow Mold Technician
| Midwest Can Company|
United States, Illinois, Franklin Park
10800 West Belmont Avenue (Show on map)
|December 02, 2023|
The Senior Blow Mold Technician is responsible for in this role, you will be responsible for
machine maintenance to include diagnosing, performing preventative and corrective
maintenance. This role assists in overhauling and installing equipment. This role will be cross
trained for both blow molding and injection molding. This position supports process
improvement and new technology processes to achieve goals for safety, quality and profitability. Develop and document processes. In addition, you will be responsible for assisting various departments and managers as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
- Adheres to all instructions, Good Manufacturing Practices and housekeeping procedures.
- Tend to a group of blow molding machines, specifically Uniloy and Bekum machines.
- Make frequent quality checks on the product observing it for deviations in weight, sidewall
thickness, flash, and adjusting correct product defects.
- Ability to perform quality check and analysis on product.
- Make frequent checks of heat controls, cooling water temperatures, pressures, extruder and
- Maintaining various daily production and quality reports.
- Process troubleshoot and minor repair of all machines and support equipment.
- Monitor and adjust bottle processes to optimize bottle quality and minimize scrap.
- Preform mold and line changeovers. Proficiency in blow molding and injection molding
equipment operations & troubleshooting.
- Follow the proper Start-up and Shut down procedure as per Company's and Machine
- Assist with machine installation.
- Assists with cross-training technicians
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Experience with industrial processing equipment and infrastructure.
- Blow molding and injection preferred.
- 5 years minimum in an industrial setting with processing or maintenance responsibilities.
- Technical School training in Injection/Blow Molding preferred.
- At least 3 years of blow molding / injection experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, identify problems, address problems and meet
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to read and understand the resin technical data sheets
- English skills must be proficient to read, write and communicate.
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic mechanical trouble shooting and repair
- Basic electrical trouble shooting and repair
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment.
- Must be committed to the success of the entire organization
- Understand and comply with applicable OSHA safety rules/regulations and Lock-out/Tag-out requirements.
- Must be able to become forklift certified within 60 days.
- Will sit, stand or walk distances for up to 12 hours per day
- Will climb stairs on an occasional basis
- Will lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to, steel toed
shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards)