Regional Marketing Specialist
Sales Distribution --> Independence Financial Network (IFN)
The primary goal of a Regional Marketing Specialist is to generate Penn Mutual life insurance sales through recruiting and sales solicitation of targeted life insurance financial professionals. This field position is adept at positioning life insurance as the foundation of a financial plan, actively promoting the living as well as the death benefits of life insurance for the individual and business markets. Considered a "second line field leader," this employee is a "master in their craft" as represented by their expertise in practice management to enable a financial professional to start, grow, or transition their practice depending on their experience in the business and their professional objective. In addition, the RMS actively and selectively recruits to Penn Mutual's broker-dealer, Hornor, Townsend and Kent, LLC. ("HTK"), without compromising the firm's relationships with other independent broker-dealer distribution partnerships
- Prospects and profiles for independent, targeted life insurance financial professionals who regularly write life insurance as part of their practice with life insurance sales representing 30% to 50% of their business.
- Achieves annual financial professional recruiting goal completing due diligence process and ensuring new recruits have are in good standing with FINRA and the state life insurance department.
- Continues to enhance productivity of new recruits increasing their Penn Mutual life insurance production year over year.
- Practice Management
- Coaches life insurance financial professionals utilizing advanced marketing concepts to accelerate the growth of their practice, diversify into new markets, expand or transition their business.
- Contributes to channel fluidity by supporting and encouraging independent financial professionals to move within PML distribution channels to facilitate the growth of their business.
- Sales and Goal Achievement
- Achieves or exceeds individual LWP sales and goals working toward balanced product mix through sales concepts, case design and advanced marketing concepts in the individual and business markets
- Contributes to and/or participates in company pilots or special initiatives upon request.
- Productivity and Territory Management
- Actively engages in up to 20 weekly face to face meetings with quality financial professionals and/or small group to promote PML's value proposition, sales solutions, marketing concepts and life insurance products.
- Conducts regional marketing or study group meetings with independent financial professionals to facilitate practice management and promote the PML value proposition and innovative sales solutions and competitive products.
- Willing to participate in joint appointments as insurance specialist with financial professionals, as appropriate.
- Maintains efficient rotations creating territory zones and geographic density of appointments.
- Works within assigned T & E budget.
- Marketing and Sales Track
- Involved in recommending case designs and illustrations.
- Utilize compliant company generated marketing and advanced case sales solutions and competitive edge in solicitation of PML product and sales opportunities.
- Actively promotes company's marketing programs, such as, WORTH and Professional Advisor Alliance.
- Able to facilitate a potential life insurance case from concept and design to placement providing field underwriting as appropriate.
- Ensures suitability of the sale in meeting client need as presented by financial professional.
- Follows FINRA regulations for cash and non-cash incentives and/or entertainment in conducting business with independent financial professionals.
- Works within budget allocating travel and expense budgets to DSM and RSDs for effective and efficient territory management.
- Team Player
- Shares best practices with peers including recruiting, referrals, sales ideas, handling objections, success stories and leveraging PML's competitive advantages.
- If applicable, partners with their Internal Marketing Representative ("IMR") to achieve goals.
- Partners with the Relationship Management team prioritizing financial professionals from PML's Focus Firm list to assist in achieving goal and growing market share in firm.
- Participates in company conference calls, councils, or initiative, as requested.
- Collaborates and cooperates with the home office and field peers, such as Regional Marketing Directors and Regional Marketing Specialists.
- Works to develop a true partnership between the field and the home office openly but positively discussing challenges understanding that the home office and field are on the same team; actively works to help develop and maintain a "we" versus "us versus them" mentality between the field and the home office.
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Operates ethically and with integrity.
- Ability to work independently being intrinsically motivated with a high level of stamina.
- Possesses organizational efficient time management skills with basic knowledge of field wholesaling skills.
- Skilled at prospecting, profiling and recruiting life insurance financial professionals.
- Able to cultivate relationships with independent financial professionals.
- Has in-depth working knowledge of practice management knowledge on how to start up, grow or transition a financial professionals business.
- Possesses working knowledge of COW, LEAP and or other selling and financial profiling systems.
- Ability to build and maintain positive, tenured professional relationships.
- Knowledge of financial planning process and advanced marketing concepts.
- Superior listening, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate, be inclusive and build partnerships
- Adept at field underwriting, illustrations and case design.
- In-depth and thorough understanding of life insurance and annuity products, the insurance industry, the financial marketplace, its terminology, related tax laws, and the application of financial planning
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications and mapping software.
- Three to Five years of experience as a financial professional, wholesaler or sales manager preferably in the life insurance or securities industry.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- FINRA Series 6 and Series 63 registrations required, FINRA Series 7 preferred.
- Life insurance license required
- Currently holds or willing to obtain industry certifications, such as, CLU, and/or ChFC
- Proven track record of sales success in the financial services industry.
- Willing to travel up to 70%
About the Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
Penn Mutual helps people become stronger. Our expertly crafted life insurance is vital to long-term financial health and strengthens people's ability to enjoy every day. Working with our trusted network of financial professionals, we take the long view, building customized solutions for individuals, their families, and their businesses. Penn Mutual supports its financial professionals with retirement and investment services through its wholly owned subsidiary, Hornor, Townsend & Kent, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC.
Salary Range - Base salary of $60,000 plus monthly variable compensation.