Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate for the Endpoint Engineering Lead role will have experience in systems administration, Software packaging and deployment, quality assurance, and monitoring of our platform technologies. As a core member of the technology team, your domain will extend from the cloud to virtually any enterprise application supporting the customer needs. You will be required to coordinate closely with senior leadership to interpret and effectively communicate program needs, provide enterprise engineering expertise and be the primary technical POC, tap appropriate technical SMEs when required, interact with contract management, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team.You will interact daily and lead technical resource which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer.
Under the direction of the Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Manage and create work assignments and prioritize tasks and milestones for a team of engineers and administrators to integrate products into production in cloud and hybrid (on premise and cloud).
- Use Agile methodologies to manage projects leveraging JIRA, ServiceNow and other enterprise tools product.
- Oversee sprint planning, utilize gathered and analyzed technical information and perform daily Agile scrum. Maintain individual project schedules and schedule forecasts.
- Supervising and developing staff; organizing, assigning, delegating and, coordinating the work of the staff to ensure program objectives are met timely and accurately.
- Staying abreast of current and new applications, hardware, tools, technologies, and market trends as they relate to productivity applications and computer systems.
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what can be done.
- Manage team expectation for real-time system monitoring, verifying the integrity of all hardware, applications, systems and key processes.
- Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines.
- Oversee development and maintaining of operation manuals, documentation, procedures, and instructions relating to endpoint engineering.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Drives alignment and coherent product feature, business, and evangelism strategies.
- Serve as lead resource for technical questions, issues, upgrades, and installations.
- Work with Service Desk and Technical Support (Tier 2) Managers to identify and resolve recurring issues relating to user computers and applications.
- Mentor engineers and administrators and consistently share and evangelize program strategies.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and effective work practices in all areas of technology and instill the principles of this culture in the team.
- Provides expert technical support, administration, and engineering on all Microsoft Windows and Apple Operating Systems.
- Conduct ongoing Team Meetings to review operational issues and manage projects delivery. Delegates tasks, organize and motivate a team of talented endpoint engineers and developers.
- Works with patch management processes and procedures to facilitate deployment.
- Maintains systems integrity through change control and problem management procedures and communication with internal customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Management Information Systems or Computer Science with 8+ years of progressive experience in a plan, build and/or operation role within information technology or master's degree in relevant field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Advanced knowledge in systems including Linux and shell scripting.
- Sound knowledge, understanding and experience in networking at all protocol stack layers.
- Working knowledge of API, ISO, ASME and other related standards.
- Ability to work at a high technical level on all phases of systems engineering activities.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Active Directory administration to include Group Policy Management, DNS, DHCP, and Identity & Credential Management.
- Extensive experience with rollouts, updates, and troubleshooting.
- Previous architectural design experience required.
- Experience in continuous delivery using Agile delivery concepts and toolkits.
- Expertise and knowledge in the entire development system life cycle.
- Understanding of ServiceNow applications and modules.
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of CMS infrastructure and environment.
- Previous experience delivering new technologies to CMS end users.
- Previous experience working in an agile scrum environment.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must havelived in the United Statesatleastthree(3)out ofthelastfive(5)yearsprior in order to be considered.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.