NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Cyber Security Engineer - REMOTE to join our team in Nashville, Tennessee (US-TN), United States (US).
As a direct report to the Sr. Director, Security Engineering and Architecture, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Work closely with enterprise architects, other functional-area architects, engineering, and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions and controls are in place throughout all IT and cloud systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements;
- Assess and understand NTT Data Services' current security posture and future architecture, providing a viable solution path to bridge the gap;
- Assess and understand the current and planned security posture for platforms (e.g. servers, databases, web servers), providing recommendations for improvement and risk reduction;
- Provide security subject matter expertise on cloud control implementation for enterprise-scale projects;
- Serve as a security expert in application development, database design, network and/or platform (operating system) efforts, helping project teams comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices;
- Design security configuration standards, procedures, and guidelines for platforms;
- Design and implement mechanisms for assessing bi-modal compliance with the standards, procedures, and guidelines;
- Identify and execute on opportunities to automate cloud security controls;
- Design and build controls to address security risks and events as identified;
- Define clear, concise, and executable standard operating procedures and documentation for any implemented solutions for formal operational handoff;
- Recognize, adopt, and instill industry leading practices in security engineering throughout the organization;
- Provide subject matter expertise on, and conduct in-depth security reviews of, new OS, database, middleware, etc. solutions as they are identified for use;
- Identify and propose process improvements and identify opportunities for new processes and procedures to reduce risk;
- Support security incident response as required;
- Researches, designs, and advocates new technologies and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners, and vendors;
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of the information security strategy;
- Evaluates and develops secure solutions, based on approved security architectures;
- Analyzes business impact and exposure, based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and risks;
- Communicates security risks and solutions to business partners and IT staff;
- Embrace a culture of continuous service improvement and service excellence; and
- Stay up to date on security industry trends.
Skills and Experience
- 7 years+ in Information Security space;
- Strong experience with security strategy, with a passion to make security realistic, achievable and interwoven with the business fabric;
- Strong experience in migrating enterprise companies from traditional data center infrastructure, application and data designs to hybrid or fully-cloud enabled practices.
- Strong experience with cloud provider ecosystems, including Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and OpenStack.
- Strong experience with a broad range of security technologies, including NextGen Firewalls, DLP, NAC, IDS/ IPS, IdAM, Certificate Management, SIEM, Endpoint Protection, Anti-malware, vulnerability management;
- Strong experience with multiple relational database platforms, including MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL;
- Strong oral, written, and presentation abilities - able to convey risk to all levels of the business, from C-level executives to operations and development teams;
- Some experience with Unix/Linux and Windows system administration;
- Some experience with Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB)
- Some experience with NoSQL database platforms, including Mongo, Cassandra;
- Some experience with logging and alerting platforms, including SIEM integration;
- Some proven ability in security process and organizational design;
- Current understanding of Industry trends and emerging threats; and
- Knowledge of incident response methodologies and technologies.
- Well-rounded background in network, host, database, and application security;
- Experience implementing security controls in a bi-modal IT environment;
- Experience driving a culture of security awareness;
- Experience administering network devices, databases, and/or web application servers; and
- Professional IT Accreditations (GCIH, GCIA, CCFE, CCFH, CISSP, CCIE Security).
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regarding to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team.