When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
In this role, you will be responsible for Technical Product Management for Verizon's Corporate end to end master data management capabilities, focused on building a robust human centered experience spanning across the Supply Chain, Finance, and HR data domains. Trusted data starts with complete, accurate and valid master data. Your work will focus on shaping human centered end to end processes from identification of the need for new master data, through to its request and eventual creation / maintenance including full accountability for product vision & strategy, roadmap and backlogs around key mission objectives, delivering features from concept to launch through agile delivery methodologies, ensuring value realization, run governance and support that delivers outstanding business results / user experience. Partnership is essential in this role, as we focus on shaping a federated data strategy that requires the definition of data standards in partnership with various GPOs within the Finance, Supply Chain and HR domains, collaboration in the establishment of data catalogs that enable end users to leverage plain business language to query their data, and connectivity with owners of commercial and other non-corporate data to which the corporate functions will subscribe.
- Owning agile delivery model, roadmap, backlog execution processes for Master Data Governance tools.
- Developing, owning and execute the product roadmap, end to end data strategy / vision, including governance & data continuous improvement.
- Partnering with stakeholders to inform the product vision, strategy, features and prioritization.
- Prioritizing and maintaining the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of the business.
- Leading the product functional design process.
- Executing of master data vision and strategy; processes and tools.
- Driving continuous improvement of data governance and data maintenance processes for implementing Master data entities.
- Leading the team to develop processes, tools and integration for Master Data processes, including data cleansing and data validation.
- Enabling business process teams in development of Master Data cleansing activities.
- Accountability of Data Standards across Master Data Objects.
- Collaborating with all teams and individuals in the Business teams and Technology teams toward developing a best practice data creation, maintenance, governance, quality and efficiencies.
- Coordinating support for systems initiatives driven by other groups if there are impacts to downstream systems.
- Leading selection process for external project support and sets direction for provider.
- Developing/assists with project plans, including estimates, work breakdown structure and schedules.
- Coordinating and directing project team resources.
- Analyzing and implementing corrective actions when progress deviates from plan.
- Monitoring the quality assurance, deliverable acceptance, and sign-off processes.
- Monitoring and mitigating project risk.
- Motivating and managing project team using effective communication and leadership.
- Identifying and organizing required external support (Verizon & Third Party).
- Understanding/Defining Business Processes and integrated hand offs/dependencies.
- Effectively partnering with the business and IT for successful implementations.
Where you'll be working...
What we're looking for...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Master Data / Data Process.
- Experience in managing or executing data cleansing, data mapping, and data governance areas, preferably in an SAP environment as well as integration across complex ERP landscapes.
- Knowledge/experience of interfacing SAP with legacy and modern data ecosystems.
- Knowledge of SAP finance modules.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in taking a company forward in a fast growth environment, providing insight for direction and managing change effectively.
- Experience in managing large, dynamic teams in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in successful delivery of scaled agile.
- Pragmatic approach to business, processes and user needs.
- Strong customer focus and ability to recognize impact of decisions on end users.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to interact with team members and external customers.
- Strong presentation skills to all levels of management; ability to communicate complex concepts in a manner that is understood by the audience.
- Ability to prioritize efforts and tasks in a high volume and fast paced environment.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our page to learn more.