What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse-Operating Room
PRN -Rotating Shift
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
As a Team Member at UMMC, you'll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won't find a more vibrant place to work!
I. General Summary
This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses who have greater than 12 months experience. Provides and coordinates independent care to patients within a clinical specialty as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Provides independent care to unit specific patient population; serves as clinical resource for others, utilizes and integrates evidence into practice, functions effectively in roles specific to unit (such as arrest team for ICU, triage for ED, etc).
- Accountable to patients and families for the processes and outcomes of care during an episode of care.
- Accountable to peers for the advancement of group practice on the unit, and to the nurse manager for the totality of work performance.
- Serves as an effective primary coordinating nurse; collaborates with interdisciplinary team to plan and coordinate care addressing patient/family needs.
- Serves as clinical resource for others.
- Assists in team development and evaluation of the Relationship-Based Care model; suggests methods for improvement. Participates in collection of data related to Relationship-Based Care outcomes (e.g. hand offs, medication safety, etc).
- Participates in implementation efforts addressing Nursing Sensitive Quality Indicators (NSQI).
- Participates and contributes to Performance Improvement, or Evidence Based Practice, or research at the unit level.
- Complies with standards and participates with unit level activities for regulatory compliance.
- Supports charge nurse decisions; performs charge role for assigned shifts as needed.
- Follows and supports the AACN guidelines for Healthy Work Environment (communication, collaboration, effective decision making, recognition, leadership, staffing); participates as team member focusing on elements within the Healthy Work Environment.
- Assists in the development of clinical practice protocols and standards for unit.
- Participates in unit based process governance activities: Performance Improvement, Professional Development, Clinical Practice, Teamwork, etc.; assists in development of action plans and supports implementation.
- Orients Clinical Nurse I to unit level governance structure and councils.
- Serves as preceptor, coach, mentor to new nurses and students. Contributes to ancillary personnel skills and development, attends educational offerings and in-services independently.
- Contributes to development of unit based peer review processes; actively participates in individual peer review feedback
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined through the MD Board of Nursing, is required.; BSN preferred. Up-to-date status on all mandatory training and classes.
- One year nursing experience. Solid knowledge and clinical skills.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Maintenance of 10 contact hours of education every two years.
- Member of a professional organization.
- Recent applicable clinical experience in a comparable setting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.