When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The Senior Solutions Architect will lead High-Level Design, Reference Architecture and Implementation for Marketing/Products and Experience areas for the Verizon Consumer Group (VCG). You will be responsible for driving solutions and design patterns that promote reusable UI components, consistent common domain logic, and flexible customer experience orchestration. You will help dive experiences that are personalized by leveraging insights from systems of intelligence. You will be expected to bring strong expertise onIndustry Standard Front End Frameworks, Service Oriented Architecture, Mobile, Web, and Voice & Chat Technologies. The role will demand high standards and technical acumen along with strong attention to scalability and performance to build solutions that can sustain ultra-high volume device launches like Iconic (iPhone, Samsung). The role will involve heavy collaboration with large functional teams across business & IT to design solutions for business transformation use cases across the entire customer lifecycle ranging from acquisition and CRM to onboarding, service assurance, support & retention. You will be expected to work independently and bring in technical expertise and thought leadership to drive best in class architecture and also alignment & adoption of solutions across the GTS group.
- Designing solutions based on the target technical stack framework (UI Framework using ReactJS for Web and React Native for Mobile, Content Management using AEM and microservices using Spring Boot/React).
- Creating solutions architecture diagrams and supporting high-level design documents (HLD) for Omni & Martech initiatives
- Be a change agent in the space of performance, reliability, scalability, and high availability of enterprise applications
- Building long-lasting relationships with business teams to deeply understand their roadmaps, and strategic goals.
- Ensuring use case and overall architecture alignment with roadmaps.
- Conducting reviews, demos and presentations for C-suite and various business executives
- Leading small & quick POCs to validate critical architectural recommendations.
- Discovering and prototype new technology solutions for Systems of Engagement, Customer Experience Platform and Systems of Insights.
- Reviewing the latest technical offerings or developments in the industry and determine the fit for the Verizon ecosystem.
- Knowledge of modern Auth mechanisms (such as JWT) Advanced knowledge of system relationships in enterprise-wide systems to lead groups of designers and architects in successful system initiatives and projects.
- Defining methodologies, best practices, perform research and evaluate open source and vendor products in the most critical space of non-functional requirements (NFRs) such as performance and scalability.
- Be a thought leader and an active participant in external forums/ blogs and industry conferences
- Coaching and Mentoring development teams, providing support and guidance on Verizon EA 2.0 Practice, conducting Brown Bags and Web Sessions to continuously share knowledge and best practices with GTS and business stakeholders.
- Providing continuous evolution of North Star Reference Architecture in several areas such as Fixed Wireless Access Growth & Demand Gen initiatives with marketing teams.
This role will be based out of one of the locations listed in the posting.
What we're looking for...
Where you'll be working...
In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in working as an Architect/Developer on Omni Channel Platforms, Content Management Systems or Decisioning Frameworks (Next Best Action, Offer & Communication).
- Experience in Pega or Adobe suite of products, and integration with Enterprise Systems.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree.
- Pega or Adobe Certification is a big plus.
- Experience working in large enterprise systems for Fortune 500 Companies (Preferably Telco or Service Provider).
- Strong awareness of emerging technologies, vendors, platforms, and products in the Digital Transformation & Customer Engagement space.
- Experience in defining and driving Cloud migration and strategy.
- Advanced knowledge of system relationships in enterprise-wide systems to lead groups of designers and architects in successful system initiatives and projects.
- Ability to drive the development of interfaces that are understood by a wide user-base and require minimal instruction for an enhanced user experience.
- Ability to create streamlined documentation procedures for use in translating multi-faceted business issues in a simple and powerful manner.
- Outstanding Communication Skills and ability to manage frequent communication with the Senior leadership team
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our page to learn more.