Built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company's two industry-leading business segments-Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies-provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 4,300 people in over 30 countries.
The Chattanooga plant is a leading global supplier of catalysts and other products and services to petroleum refiners; catalysts for the manufacture of plastics; silica-based engineered and specialty materials for a wide-range of industrial applications; specialty chemicals, additives and materials for commercial and residential construction; and, sealants and coatings for food packaging. We are currently accepting resumes for a chemical operator.
- Operate equipment such as mixers, crystallizers, pumps, dryers, centrifuges, ball mills, filters, cranes, heat exchangers, packaging equipment, calciners, boilers, kilns and other plant equipment.
- Responsible for the proper operation of the processes.
- Perform work routine in nature, other than installation of new equipment or repairs, as required to make and break connections to change the flow of materials or to clean or flush the process piping or hoses, using necessary tools required to accomplish same.
- Perform required checks for proper operation of the equipment and processing using necessary instruments, small hand tools, gauges, or laboratory ware.
- Operate power trucks if qualified.
- Maintain required records.
- Observe safety rules and practices.
- Mount, dismount and operate a variety of models of power lift equipment such as fork trucks, bobcats, tuggers, etc.
- Ascend and descend stairs, vertical ladders and work platforms.
- Repetitively move containers that vary in size and height from 5-gal. pails at 40 lbs. to 55-gal. drums at 400 lbs.on and off pallets, conveyors, and material handling equipment such as lifting hoists or drum dumping equipment.
- Manually open and close a variety of types and sizes of valves located from near floor level to above the head.
- Operate electrical and pneumatic tools such as impact wrenches and drum openers.
- Work inside where temperatures exceed 100 f. or outside where temperatures are sub-freezing during winter months.
- Wear respirator, self-contained breathing apparatus, air helmet and any other safety equipment required by the specific task being performed.
- Ability to operate all equipment such as mixers, calciners, heat exchangers, etc. as required to complete chemical processes.
- Ability to observe safety rules and practices and wear all safety-related equipment required by the specific task being performed.
- Ability to work any shift with overtime and in normal to extreme environmental conditions.
- Ability to acquire sufficient skill and knowledge of the chemical processes in order to conduct operations and processes with limited supervision.
- Ability to read warning signs, hazard labels, operating procedures and log sheets.Hear warning sirens and emergency evacuation alarms.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions and understand units of measure in both English and metric system.
- High school diploma (or GED) required
- 1 to2 years manufacturing experience in a similar industryORAssociate degree in Engineering Technology with a concentration in Chemical or Process Controls with a minimum overall grade point average of 3.0
- Competitive Wages - Annual starting salary ~$53,000.00
- Company provided uniforms and laundry
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and supplemental life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Company Pension & 401k with company match
- Eleven paid holidays
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.