Hybrid Utility Operator
Location : MANITOWOC, WI, United States
Job Family : Manufacturing
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Jan 4, 2023
Job ID : 38184
Back to Search Results
Apply Now > Save Job Job Saved
With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2019, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker-Hannifin PARFLEX Division- Manitowoc
Parflex-Manitowoc manufactures multiple types of braided plastic and rubber hose and polypropylene tubing used by the air and space community, military, utility companies, farm implements and U.S. defense contractors.
The Hybrid Utility shall be qualified to perform:
- Hybrid Braider & Winder, Set-Up and Operate,
- Hybrid Extruder Technician,
- Hybrid Covering/Packaging Operator,
- Accountable for process, evaluation, measurement, documentation, and improvement on a continual basis to meet plant business objectives for braiding and extrusion processes.
- Report all irregularities in the production process to the Shift Supervisor.
- Participate in High Performance Teams in order to identify, assess, decide and action tasks that support and improve upon safe, quality and timely production
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Leader or Shift Supervisor
Hybrid Braider & Winder:
- Operation and set-up of wire winding machines consists of transferring wire from shipping spools to bobbins suitable for use in braiding machines. Operator must ensure proper tension is maintained in the transfer operation through attention given to the machine beak lube system and compensation devices and maintain the condition of the bobbins prior to winding.
- Operator is responsible for material expediting related to the job.
- Operation and set-up of the horizontal braiding machine consists of the physical transfer of full bobbins to the braider decks, the removal of the empty bobbins from the braider deck, and the splicing operation required during the transfer.
- Adjustment to the tooling will be necessary to ensure proper coverage and dimension, visual attention must be given to the gears, gauges, wire detectors, lapel generator and coil operation of payouts and take-ups is required.
- Operative personnel will be responsible for the quality and productivity of assignment.
Hybrid Extruder Technician:
- Responsible for the operation and set-up of the rubber cover and cure line.
- Responsible for all material scheduling and material flow through the rubber cover and cure line.
- Responsible for extruder, laser mics, printers, ovens, cooling equipment, payouts, and take-ups.
- Responsible for the quality and productivity of the rubber cover and cure line.
- All irregularities in the production process will be reported to the Shift Supervisor.
Hybrid Covering/Packaging Operator:
- Monitor the rubber cover and cure line while Extruder Technician is on break or fulfilling other duties.
- Share responsibility with the Technician for the quality and productivity of the cover and cure line.
- Remove hose from the extruder and cure line storage reel, cut out any obvious defects, coil good hose on to packaging reel and monitor footage meter, stretch wrap finished reel.
- All irregularities in cover and cure or inspect and package processes will be reported to the Supervisor.
- Must be able to set-up and operate the wire winding machines and/or horizontal braiding machines.
- Must be able to set-up and operate and monitor the extruder cover and cure line.
- Must be able to monitor the cover and cure line.
- Must be competent in basic mathematical and analytical skills, as well as English verbal and written communication.
- Must have ability to utilize a wide variety of precision measuring equipment.
- Must use good judgment and able to make decisions.
- Must have attained High School Diploma or equivalent/GED
- United States residency
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
("Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor")
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Save Job Job Saved