Location : MANITOWOC, WI, United States
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Jan 4, 2023
Job ID : 38189
Back to Search Results
Apply Now > Save Job Job Saved
With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2019, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker-Hannifin PARFLEX Division- Manitowoc
Parflex-Manitowoc manufactures multiple types of braided plastic and rubber hose and polypropylene tubing used by the air and space community, military, utility companies, farm implements and U.S. defense contractors.
Conventional Hose Utility shall be qualified to perform the following job duties:
- Hybrid Covering/Packaging Operator
- Yarn Braider & Winder Set-Up and Operate
- Convention Hose Bonding
- Monitor the cover and cure line while Extruder Technician is on break or fulfilling other duties.
- Shares responsibility with the Technician for the quality and productivity of the cover and cure line.
- Remove hose from the extruder and cure line storage reel, cut out any obvious defects, coil good hose onto packaging reel and monitor footage meter, stretch wrap finished reel.
- All irregularities in cover and cure or inspect and package processes will be reported to Supervisor.
- Responsible for the set-up and operation of all Conventional hose related yarn twisters and yarn bobbin winders. Responsible for operation of all yarn braiders. Monitors bobbin footage, yarn condition and tensions.
- Visual attention must be given to the payoffs, glue application, braid pattern, inking and take-ups while braiding.
- Perform all required quality checks and record all pertinent information to ensure quality standards are met.
- Responsible for material scheduling and material handling related to the job.
- Must use judgment and make decisions for appropriate feeds and temperature settings to achieve proper welds and cut offs.
- Utilize test equipment to ensure quality of bonded hose in the department.
- Accountable for process, evaluation, measurement, documentation, and improvement on a continual basis to meet plant business objectives
- Participate in High Performance Teams in order to identify, assess, decide and action tasks that support and improve upon safe, quality and timely production
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Leader or Shift Supervisor
Must be able to assist in set-up and operate the rubber cover and cure line.
Must be able to assist in set-up and operate of all conventional hose twisting, winding, and braiding equipment.
Must be able to set-up and operate the conventional hose welder, hose re-spool equipment, and assembly equipment according to specifications.
Must be competent in basic mathematical an analytical skills, as well as English verbal and written communication.
Must be able to accurately and consistently record all measurements with tape measures, calipers and and/or micrometers for quality audit documentation
Must be able to routinely lift weight up to 30 lbs
Possess good verbal and written communication skills
Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent/GED
United States Residency
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor")
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Save Job Job Saved