Posted: Nov 3, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Join our Sensing and Connectivity team and drive innovation that matters. We craft and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people's lives and deliver the best user-experience. The Headphones and Accessories Quality Engineering team is looking for a motivated Tools & Automation Engineer to design, implement, test and maintain next generation personal audio and connectivity solutions. You are responsible for creating and delivering world changing experiences on the very latest Apple products.
- Highly motivated, dedicated, quick learner with recognized ability to work individually and as a team
- Proven track record in defining robust test plans and delivering high quality outcomes
- Experience designing, developing robust and scalable automation frameworks using industry best practices
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and documentation skills
- Efficient time management and organization, ability to handle multiple tasks and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
- Self-motivated, dedicated with validated creative and critical thinking capabilities, strong troubleshooting skills
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to pursue everyday problems in innovative ways
- Strong understanding of development methodology and object oriented programming concepts
- Experience building automation setups for testing embedded devices for various mobile operating systems
- Domain expertise in one of these areas preferred: Bluetooth, WiFi, Audio, Wireless RF protocols.
- Experience with source control (Git, GitHub Flow, Gitlab, SVN, Perforce)
- Experience on Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins is a plus
- Experience building/creating/using Robotics to create automated solutions
- Good Knowledge on database concepts
- Passionate about consumer products and technology
- Experience with hardware communication interfaces such as USB, UART, I2C, SPI is a bonus
* Build creative solutions for testing current and next generation products. * Drive quality and champion bug fixes, working closely with dev team and analyze the root causes for the issues. * Design comprehensive test plans for new features, factoring in technical details and the customer experience. * Develop test automation scripts using Python, maintain reports of all automation issues and test results. * Collaborate with cross functional teams to get requirements and implement automation feature requests. * Bring up, perform regular maintenance and debugging of test setups and scripts.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $121,000 and $190,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple's discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses - including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.